[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barry Bonds related rant

SheikYerbuti

Let me get this straight:

It's a night game. You batted 4 times. Let's say you got on base once and even scored a run, which required running a total of 360 feet in 90 foot spurts. You played outfield, and maybe had to field 5-10 balls in the game. You might even have had to throw the ball home once.

You're telling me that you can't play the day game the next day?? Are you F'ing serious??? You can't possibly tell me you're tired. How can you call yourself a professional athlete??

:D

What have you done? The guy is old and I wouldn't be surprised if after he breaks the record he retires. I think the condition of his knees is about bone-bone contact.

This isn't about me, but I'll tell you one thing I do. I can get to my job 2 days in a row, even if day one is at night and day two is in the morning (or even 1 in the afternoon). And I don't get paid millions of dollars either.

This isn't about me, but I'll tell you one thing I do. I can get to my job 2 days in a row, even if day one is at night and day two is in the morning (or even 1 in the afternoon). And I don't get paid millions of dollars either.

The guy has been sitting out games for the whole season. It's not like he's doing it to prolong the record. Your job isn't running on the knees of a 90 year old.

The guy has been sitting out games for the whole season. It's not like he's doing it to prolong the record. Your job isn't running on the knees of a 90 year old.

I said nothing about prolonging records. I said nothing about sitting out night games. This isn't even about Bonds. It goes for all pro baseball players.

Why are we continuing to talk about my job? I go to my job 5 days a week, 40 hours whether I'm 'tired' or not. I think all people who call themselves professional athletes should be able to play a game of baseball at night and then play again the next day. It's the least they can do for the salary they make.

Defending bonds in any capacity is pretty juvenile ...its all about barry , always was and always will be ..he needs to go away and their will always be an asterisk there for any record he breaks or sets ( 2 asterisks for the home run record )

I said nothing about prolonging records. I said nothing about sitting out night games. This isn't even about Bonds. It goes for all pro baseball players.

And I explained that it's because of his knees. If it's not about Bonds who is it about, as the thread is titled "Barry Bonds related rant". Who else could it be about?

Defending bonds in any capacity is pretty juvenile ...its all about barry , always was and always will be ..he needs to go away and their will always be an asterisk there for any record he breaks or sets ( 2 asterisks for the home run record )

Man I'm really not trying to defend Bonds I'm just trying to say that this guy is playing with a lot of obvious pain.

Man I'm really not trying to defend Bonds I'm just trying to say that this guy is playing with a lot of obvious pain.

Understood ..meant no harm ...I just really do not like selfish egomanical players in any sport and I dislike bonds the most ..forget steroids its hois personality and the way he comes off ...my nephew works for major league baseball ( incredible job ) and he deals and kmeets with players all the time ..he has met hundreds of them and he told me that bonds was the worst that he met ..real surly and negative ...I believe he certainly may be hurt but I also believe barry is for barry always so tend not to give him any benefit of the doubt

I really just want to know why multi-millionaires who do less than an hour's work a night are allowed to take the next day off!!!

I don't care about records or asterisks!! If you're not a catcher, it doesn't seem right to me!!!

eh, forget I asked. . .

:D

Not a Bond's fan, but I can see how old players like Bond need to take off days. Less talented old players are forced to retire for that very reason.

Agreed. If this was ANY other player, no one would think twice about it. The guy has no cartilage in his knees. People were crying when he didn't do the Home Run Derby; I woulda been shocked if he did. This guy is the jerk of all jerks, I know, but he is trying to stay as healthy as he can. Remember, he only cares about himself.