[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Observations From Jets TC

Rovers

I'm debating on T. Jones / C. Benson / Edge for a #2RB and the more I read and hear about the Jets...the more I think Benson or Edge may be safer choices. I'm a bit of a Bears fan so maybe I have the rose colored glasses on, but I can't see how Benson can do that bad with the CHI O line, a defense that will put them in good position, and an easier schedule. I like Jones, but he seems a bit more risky. I can't wait for more preseason games to see how some of these guys look on the field.

I think out of those three, Bears fan or not, Benson HAS to be the choice.

Goop, Rovers - I like you both.

Rovers, I think you are taking Goop's coments waaaayyy out of context. Goop is one helluva guy and a great addition to the huddle - believe me when I say that - He is a class act all the way. He is probably one of the most informative Bear homers - he's certainly adds more than I in that respect. I think you are taking what he said way too personally. He makes a good point - it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the player mentioned. Please move on from this as Goop is not one to make waves - he's a lover, not a fighter - trust me, I know from experience dude :wacko::wacko:

:D Reeeeeeeally.....Hmmmm :D

You might want to rephrase that...others on this board would have a great time with that statement! I'm not sayin' I'm just...saying...

:wacko:

Edited by The Wolf

What were the Jets banking on, the young guys just getting better? Honestly, I am just asking as I remember people saying that this line should be improved. I mean, they got Thomas Jones. Rovers, do you think he will be unsuccessful behind this line? The guy has skills obviously but he needs some help as most people would agree with it.

I have been off the Thomas Jones bandwagon since the end of the draft, and that was before the Kendall (starting LG) fiasco. If Kendall doesn't get traded or released, Adrian Clake from Philly will play LG. He's huge, but the rep he had in Philly was he was poor in pass blocking. He seems to me to be slow, even for a 330 pound lineman. I understood why the Jets traded up for Revis, but trading up for Harris made no sense to me when the starting right side of the O line was sorely in need of improvement. I think TJ owners will be disappointed this year, unless it's a PPR league. Mangold is good, but still has trouble with big NT's and he can't carry the running game on his back without help. I'm not sure how much LT Ferguson's run blocking has improved if any.

This line couldn't run block last year, and people blamed the RB's instead. Washington and Houston weren't the reason for the poor rush offense. TJ won't be able to fix the problem by himself either, in my opinion. That practice game was the #1 O against the #1 D, and played against each other. All of McCariens stats came against the second team D, so I wouldn't read too much into that either. Personally, I would not want Jones to be my second round pick in a redraft. I also think Washigton will get a lot of carries. Jones also missed some blitz pickups on Sunday... not a good sign if he wants more snaps.