[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charlie Sanders' Induction Speech

jaxfactor

Man, the end of his speech was an absolute tear jerker. He talked about if he could change anything in his career. His mother died when he was two. He used to see other players on tv waive and say "Hi Mom!". He never got the chance to do this. So he stands up there on the podium And says something like, " In front of all the good people of Canton and on the Hall of Fame stage I'm gonna finally say 'Hi Mom'" :D

Maybe it's because I lost my mom at the age of 28 that things like this get me sentimental. :D But I thought that was absolutely awesome and the best gift he could give to his mom. Any of you Detroit homers see this?

This Gene Hickerson thing is terribly sad. I hope he is wheeled out. Must be amazingly hard for the son to do this, and it looks it. :D

I called it and I love it. A shame and terrible they didn't get him in sooner but that was awesome. And Bobby, Leroy, and Jim wheeling him.

Man, the end of his speech was an absolute tear jerker. He talked about if he could change anything in his career. His mother died when he was two. He used to see other players on tv waive and say "Hi Mom!". He never got the chance to do this. So he stands up there on the podium And says something like, " In front of all the good people of Canton and on the Hall of Fame stage I'm gonna finally say 'Hi Mom'" :wacko:

Maybe it's because I lost my mom at the age of 28 that things like this get me sentimental. :D But I thought that was absolutely awesome and the best gift he could give to his mom. Any of you Detroit homers see this?

I saw it and I was :D all over the place. I lost my parents when I was only 14 so anytime I see anything like that it hurts.

I heard it on NFL radio. He'll put Michael "it's all about me" Irvin to shame.

No he didn't. Michael is a good man, a genuine man. A few indiscretions and bad decisions in his life. you bet, but he's persevered and become a better man because of it. If you watched his speech tonight the true Michael Irvin came out. Humble, god fearing, regretful, honest and as always genuine. Say what you want about him but there are many, many people that watched his speech tonight that will be impacted by his words, his emotions and his honesty.

Great job Michael!

(And I'm not a Cowboys fan.)

Edited by theprofessor

No he didn't. Michael is a good man, a genuine man. A few discretions and bad decisions in his life. you bet, but he's persevered and become a better man because of it. If you watched his speech tonight the true Michael Irvin came out. Humble, god fearing, regretful, honest and as always genuine. Say what you want about him but there are many, many people that watched his speech tonight that will be impacted by his words, his emotions and his honesty.

Great job Michael!

Agreed on all accounts. On the same trip where my older brother was unimpressed with CJ, Irvin was a great guy both when giving autographs and when the ate breakfast at the same restaurant the next morning.

As someone who loves football and inspirational speeches, I really enjoy listening to the players accepting their honor. Irvin has many detractors to be sure and he mostly earned them but I cannot imagine how he could have made any better speech than he did. He was always very emotional as a player and that certainly came through in his speech. He could not have been more humble and I was surprised at how much he he went over his indiscretions and their effect on him and his family. It was like he just cut himself open and bled. And he spoke for 25 minutes without anything written down.

What is Hickerson's illness? That was so cool when his old running backs pushed him out there in his wheel chair.

And one of the cool things about the HOF is that you kind of forget about some players and just how good they were. Thurman Thomas was such a great player and a class act through and through. I really enjoyed his introduction and speech as well.

No he didn't. Michael is a good man, a genuine man. A few indiscretions and bad decisions in his life. you bet, but he's persevered and become a better man because of it. If you watched his speech tonight the true Michael Irvin came out. Humble, god fearing, regretful, honest and as always genuine. Say what you want about him but there are many, many people that watched his speech tonight that will be impacted by his words, his emotions and his honesty.

Great job Michael!

I was one of the non-Irvin fans. Never liked the guy. I know now that I judged him wrongly. I always thought that he was loud and abnoxious but I now call it passionate. His speech certainly changed my tune and I give him props for opening up on such a grand stage. Well done Michael! :D