[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iraq For Sale - The War Profiteers

DemonKnight

So I think what this helps to point out is that spending is totally out of control. Its out of control in the public sector in general, and its out of control in the incestuous world of private government contracts. So, I guess we can all agree that its time to reign in the spending... right? :D

The problem is when you say "cut spending" it automatically gets turned into "complete withdrawl" from Iraq somehow. If we had American service men and women doing the jobs that they are paid, trained and willing to do we would have public oversight how this money is spent. The current system is tantamount to a blank check. Do you tell a private contractor working on your home to bill you for work and materials after the job is finished?

I work in an industry where outsourcing is a large part of what we do. If I have a position that I need to call an outside agency to fill it is going to cost me more. I dont mind paying more because the people I call in are immersed in the industry where I need a candidate and I am more of a generalist. They complete the job much more efficently than I ever could. Then there are the easy to fill positions. It would put me out of a job if I were to outsource these routine positions. And it would likely bankrupt the HR department I work in by May.

Therein lies the problem. We are hiring people at 5 times what we would pay service men and women to hire an outside contractor to do KP for christs sake. I did KP. It isnt rocket science. The people doing these jobs arent making 6 figures. The materials dont cost that much more to obtain in or ship to Iraq. You do the math.