[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Finally put my law to degree to good use

yo mama

I'm a tax/estate planning attorney by trade. So criminal law really isn't my thing. But I got a call last Friday from my old boss at Thrasher magazine. Turns out a couple of his boys got popped in my neck of the woods for skateboarding at a local high school. Now, my old boss helped me out way back more than once, so I agree to make a few calls and see what I can do. After a little research I determine that the statute they are being charged with was designed to combat child sex offenders, which isn't *quite* the same as skateboarding.

Anyways, long story short, just got back form court and things went well. The crime was reduced to an infraction (the equivalent of a traffic ticket), they pay a few bucks for a fine, and their records stay clean(er). I didn't make any money, as I agreed to do it for free. But it still feels good to have helped these guys out. Makes me want to dig out my old "Skateboarding is not a crime" tee shirt from the dust bin in the garage and crank up some Danzig.

Edited by yo mama

I'm a tax/estate planning attorney by trade. So criminal law really isn't my thing. But I got a call last Friday from my old boss at Thrasher magazine. Turns out a couple of his boys got popped in my neck of the woods for skateboarding at a local high school. Now, my old boss helped me out way back more than once, so I agree to make a few calls and see what I can do. After a little research I determine that the statute they are being charged with was designed to combat child sex offenders, which isn't *quite* the same as skateboarding.

Anyways, long story short, just got back form court and things went well. The crime was reduced to an infraction (the equivalent of a traffic ticket), they pay a few bucks for a fine, and their records stay clean(er). I didn't make any money, as I agreed to do it for free. But it still feels good to have helped these guys out. Makes me want to dig out my old "Skateboarding is not a crime" tee shirt from the dust bin in the garage and crank up some Danzig.

Man that brings back some memories. We used to cut out the pictures of the decks and glue them to cardboard cutouts and have finger boards to f'ck around with during class. Man i miss those skatin days.

I can't tell you how many boards I broke skating up on the 193 half pipe. I have to dig up some pictures and post them.

Oh and Danzig sucks

Man that brings back some memories. We used to cut out the pictures of the decks and glue them to cardboard cutouts and have finger boards to f'ck around with during class. Man i miss those skatin days.

I can't tell you how many boards I broke skating up on the 193 half pipe. I have to dig up some pictures and post them.

Oh and Danzig sucks

:D:D

Edited by Brewer

Did you tell the judge, "They're skakin', not hatin, dude."

Yeah dude. I used to subscribe to Thrasher. That was like the definition of cool when I was Jr High/High school. It was like a picnic with the dead, brah.