[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The dumbest thing I've read so far about training camp

Fatman

From ESPN:

5. Wilson eyeing a 20-20 season

Watching Adrian Wilson work in Pendergast's system is a treat. He's the most creative safety in the league. Sure, Pittsburgh's Troy Polamalu does so many things while on the run before the snap or as the play is in motion, but no safety lines up at more positions than Wilson. His goal is to be a 20-20 guy -- 20 sacks and 20 interceptions. Those sound like lofty goals, considering he had five sacks and four interceptions last season, but this year he'll attack an offense from any area. He can be a deep-bilitzing safety. He can line up like a linebacker and rush. He'll also move to the middle of the defense and rush. Like Brian Dawkins in Philadelphia, Wilson is the cornerstone of his team's defense. The unpredictability of his game keeps offenses on guard and quarterbacks wondering.

---

Great that Adrian has lofty (although utterly unachievalbe) goals, can't fault him for that. For ESPN to report it is just stupid.

Already one of the best in the league if you haven't been paying attention, but I'll agree those are lofty goals. :D

Thanks for the heads up on Wilson. As I said before, I'm not talking about him. His statement that he wants 20-20 is as ridiculous as a running back saying he's going to run for 4,000 yards. The stupid part is for ESPN to say, "Yeah, it's lofty, but he's going to attack an offense from any area." That's just not objective, it's slobbering all over Wilson.

That is pretty dumb.

Though not at TC Pacman still gets my nod for dumbest statement.

Jones appeared on ESPN2's "First Take" and immediately disputed how many times he's been arrested.

"Everybody keeps saying I've been arrested six times," Jones said.

"I haven't been arrested six times. I've only been arrested twice. I've been accused and people have put warrants out on me numerous other times :D , but as of today I'm on no probation, I haven't been charged with anything, so I'm just keeping my head up and make sure I'm doing everything to make sure I'm all right with myself."

From ESPN:

5. Wilson eyeing a 20-20 season

Watching Adrian Wilson work in Pendergast's system is a treat. He's the most creative safety in the league. Sure, Pittsburgh's Troy Polamalu does so many things while on the run before the snap or as the play is in motion, but no safety lines up at more positions than Wilson. His goal is to be a 20-20 guy -- 20 sacks and 20 interceptions. Those sound like lofty goals, considering he had five sacks and four interceptions last season, but this year he'll attack an offense from any area. He can be a deep-bilitzing safety. He can line up like a linebacker and rush. He'll also move to the middle of the defense and rush. Like Brian Dawkins in Philadelphia, Wilson is the cornerstone of his team's defense. The unpredictability of his game keeps offenses on guard and quarterbacks wondering.

---

Great that Adrian has lofty (although utterly unachievalbe) goals, can't fault him for that. For ESPN to report it is just stupid.

I'm thinking ESPN just misquoted. For a DB to be in the 20-20 club (20 sacks, 20 INTs) for his career is quite an accomplishment. Ronde Barber is the only CB to ever total at least 20 sacks and 20 INTs for his career.

EDIT: LBs-Jack Ham, Seth Joyner, William Thomas, Ray Lewis, Wilber Marshall, and Donnie Edwards; Safeties-Leroy Butler and Rodney Harrison; CB-Ronde Barber... are all in the "20/20 Club." Some good company... 1 HOFer, a few future HOFers, and many All-Pro seasons amongst them.

Guys that should probably be included but aren't b/c sacks weren't official yet... Jack Lambert, Bobby Bell, Dick Butkus, and Larry Wilson... 4 HOFers.

Wow, there's even a Wikipedia entry for it... :D

Edited by kingfish247

I'm thinking ESPN just misquoted. For a DB to be in the 20-20 club (20 sacks, 20 INTs) for his career is quite an accomplishment. Ronde Barber is the only CB to ever total at least 20 sacks and 20 INTs for his career.

EDIT: LBs-Jack Ham, Seth Joyner, William Thomas, Ray Lewis, Wilber Marshall, and Donnie Edwards; Safeties-Leroy Butler and Rodney Harrison; CB-Ronde Barber... are all in the "20/20 Club." Some good company... 1 HOFer, a few future HOFers, and many All-Pro seasons amongst them.

Guys that should probably be included but aren't b/c sacks weren't official yet... Jack Lambert, Bobby Bell, Dick Butkus, and Larry Wilson... 4 HOFers.

Wow, there's even a Wikipedia entry for it... :D

Okay...that would make much more sense. A 20-20 season is perposterous.

I almost took Adrian Wilson with the first overall pick in a dynasty IDP league after reading that article. I mean, come on.. 20/20 in one season. Do you know what kind of numbers that is putting up? For real, he's way better than LT. As the commercial says, "Write it down.... Championship!!" :D

I almost took Adrian Wilson with the first overall pick in a dynasty IDP league after reading that article. I mean, come on.. 20/20 in one season. Do you know what kind of numbers that is putting up? For real, he's way better than LT. As the commercial says, "Write it down.... Championship!!" :D

I had Sean Jones (CLE) rated higher based on projections in our scoring system. It's my first IDP so I totally could have screwed the pooch by taking Jones over Wilson (6th rouond). Time will tell...

Edited by The Wolf

I had Sean Jones (CLE) rated higher based on projections in our scoring system. It's my first IDP so I totally could have screwed the pooch by taking Jones over Wilson (6th rouond). Time will tell...

Quite possibly, my sarcasm didn't come through as well as I had hoped. Sean Jones is a fine selection and I really couldn't argue you too much for having him rated higher over Wilson. Seems to me Jones could have more opportunities since Clevelands offense isn't nearly as capable as Arizona's for holding the ball. But I don't have any IDP drafts this season and so I haven't really rated them as much as I would had I been preparing for one.

Edited by Vicster