[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper decision...thoughts?

Auction league where we have $100/team (10 teams total).

Keeper rules are 1 player at same previous year salary and 1 additional player at previous salary + 5.

I'm keeping S. Jackson at 36...no-brainer there....

Cant decide between Roy Williams at 8 + 5 = 13

OR

DeAngelo Williams at 1 + 5 = 6

I'm leaning towards DeAngelo as that is probably the better value & leaves me a little more left over going in...

Any help MUCH appreciated....(answer mine and I'll answer yours + I did win this league last year)

Is 36% of your total cap about average for a top RB?

Is 13% of your cap about average for a tier 2 WR?

I think DeAngelo at 6 on the surface appear to be a good value, but realistically he is going to be fighting Deshaun for the primary RB role (I am one of the bigger DeAngelo supporters though, I think he wins the job outight and has a good year)

Now, on a separate strategic note, and this is not for you directly, but for the board as a whole, I'm curious if there may be any strategic benefit towards putting the $5 hit on SJax vs. one of the others. I'm thinking that as the others are a bit riskier than SJax, they are more likely to be replaced at some point during the season so putting the $5 hit on them makes sense as that is extra cap relief if they are released, and keeping SJax at 36 makes him easier to trade if a quality offer were to be made. So, while I think I agree with the idea of not hitting him up wit hthe $5 hit in this case, would there be any strategic reasons to hit him with it (other than, in this case, making DeAngelo a no brain choice for $1?)

I think DeAngelo at 6 on the surface appear to be a good value, but realistically he is going to be fighting Deshaun for the primary RB role (I am one of the bigger DeAngelo supporters though, I think he wins the job outight and has a good year)

Now, on a separate strategic note, and this is not for you directly, but for the board as a whole, I'm curious if there may be any strategic benefit towards putting the $5 hit on SJax vs. one of the others. I'm thinking that as the others are a bit riskier than SJax, they are more likely to be replaced at some point during the season so putting the $5 hit on them makes sense as that is extra cap relief if they are released, and keeping SJax at 36 makes him easier to trade if a quality offer were to be made. So, while I think I agree with the idea of not hitting him up wit hthe $5 hit in this case, would there be any strategic reasons to hit him with it (other than, in this case, making DeAngelo a no brain choice for $1?)

I think putting the +$5 on SJax makes him less desirable for any owner, no matter how you put it. That being the case, unless one were planning to get rid of him the near future, therefore costing another team an extra chunk of their cap, you'd want his cap number as small as possible.

$36 is a nice managable percentage of your cap for a player like SJax. I don't know if the other two guys are worth such a large percentage. Of the two, I'd say R Williams is a better value but probably a little steep at $13. At 6% of the cap, D Williams is going to have to be the lead dog in CAR for a goodly portion of the year - and I'm not sure anyone can make that assurance right now. His price is sure more attractive than R Williams', but R Williams is a much lesser risk to perform better. You might be better served by letting both guys go and use that extra $$$ for bidding. R Williams price is just a little too high, and D Williams situation is just a little too dicey at that price.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Thanks for the reply....

Yeah actaully SJax (I like the abbr. thx) at 36 is somewhat low, these guys value RBs in a big way, especially the top tiers...for example LT went for 48 last year!

Top tier WRs can go upwards of 20%.

I appreciate your logic on the extra $5 tag but in my league it is irrelavent - post draft the salaries are not involved in any trades nor do we have to adhere to 'caps'...its all about the draft, last year DeAngelo was supposed to be my DEEP value this year (that will only come to be if I do keep him though - knowing he's battling DeShaun).

I think R.Williams at 13 will end up saving me about $3-$7 if I do keep him.....I'm still leaning towards DeAngelo but could be swayed

I think putting the +$5 on SJax makes him less desirable for any owner, no matter how you put it. That being the case, unless one were planning to get rid of him the near future, therefore costing another team an extra chunk of their cap, you'd want his cap number as small as possible.

$36 is a nice managable percentage of your cap for a player like SJax. I don't know if the other two guys are worth such a large percentage. Of the two, I'd say R Williams is a better value but probably a little steep at $13. At 6% of the cap, D Williams is going to have to be the lead dog in CAR for a goodly portion of the year - and I'm not sure anyone can make that assurance right now. His price is sure more attractive than R Williams', but R Williams is a much lesser risk to perform better. You might be better served by letting both guys go and use that extra $$$ for bidding. R Williams price is just a little too high, and D Williams situation is just a little too dicey at that price.

Thx Bronco.....

I forgot to add my 3rd option which is to only keep SJax and have that much more going in....I managed a win with this team last year and it was ALL due to pickups (MColston, MBarber, VYoung to name a few) during the year not the draft, was voted the "scrappiest win ever" in a 9 year league. I may just throw them both back in the mix....

RWilliams should easily get to $13 in my league...but I'm just not feeling the value there and have future thoughts of being frustrated by the success of their big ROOK out there in Det.