[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What about WRs right off the bat

dirtdickens

Picking 9 and I could possibly snag two top tier guys and one second.

1. Chad Johnson

2. Torry Holt

3. Lee Evans

RBs dominate our first two rounds as they do in most leagues. I may be able to take out the top WR talent and get by with rookie RBs like Brandon Jackson and Adrian Peterson. I guess I am banking on having a strong roster minus RBs.

Anyone have experience drafting like this?

Did it with Dorey at WCOFF two years ago... it was a disaster.

PPR does boost WRs a bit in value, but the real effect is in the middle rounds where the tier 3-4 WRs get a big boost in value vs. their RB counterparts, especially when considering a flex position. Even with PPR, it comes down to supply and demand, THere are still just too few productive RBs that their value stays high. The main effect of PPR on RBs is that guys like Westbrook and Bush get hugh pushes up, and the above mentioned affect on the tier 3-4 WRs vs. the RBs you are considering in those 4th-7th rounds.

I drafted like that once, took two wr about 7 years ago and tried to get by with less than good back and it did not help at all. Picking late has its ups and downs I would get a good rb and than a top wide out and than take a chance at a younger player at rb and hope he goes off . when your picking late like that you almost have to take a gamble .... good luck

RB/WR can be very effective from that spot, assuming a 12 team league. Of course, realize that if a bunch of owners jump on WRs between your picks, you are looking at a much better RB2 even if it seems WRs are flying... don't get stuck following along in a run when it is creating great value at RB.