[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade dilemma

mroban

Okay, so the dllemma is this: I can keep either Brady or Kitna (or both). $200 cap, Brady I can keep fro $26, Kitna for $9. Kitna clearly better value but I want Brady this year. I probably could get him at auction for around that but he could go a little higher or a little lower. If I keep Kitna Im not in the market for him at auction.

I have been offered Cedric Benson (at $31, good value not great) and already have Larry Johnson (at $21 which is a mega bargain) and Willie Parker at $19 (another great bargain). Benson would be my 3rd RB. We dont play a flex, just start 2 RBs, 3WRs, QB, TE, DEF/ST and K.

I can keep Marion Barber as my 3rd RB right now for $17. The extra $14 would hurt me bad at WR (I would be giving up a stud like Torry Holt and settling for a Donald Driver).

So is my team better off with Brady, LJ, FWP, MBIII, Torry Holt and TJ Housh OR Brady, LJ, FWP, Benson, Driver and TJ Housh. Benson would be insurance/bye-week filler/trade bait only. Barber, not as much insurance and not much trade bait, just a reasonable fill in guy.

Barber also has the same bye week as LJ which isnt helpful. So Benson serves a much better fillin purpose.

I could also trade Brady instead and go: Kitna, LJ, FWP, Benson, Holt, TJ Housh

feel free to subsitute TO, Marvin Harrison or maybe even Chad Johnson for Holt (although Chad and Steve Smith will go a bit higher than I budgeted there).

Thoughts?

Aren't auction keeper leagues great? Everyone needs to do auctions, they are so much better.

I'd definately trade for Benson. I think Brady will be huge this year as well.

Good Luck

Aren't auction keeper leagues great? Everyone needs to do auctions, they are so much better.

I'd definately trade for Benson. I think Brady will be huge this year as well.

Good Luck

Thanks. Yes, much more strategy and much more fun this way. I am actually leaning toward keeping Kitna and trading Brady for Benson right now. I think Kitna's numbers will be close enough to Brady to justify that especially given the extra $$ I will have to spend on stud WRs. My team will look like this:

Kitna (plus a good 2nd QB like Delhomme or Eli Manning)

LJ, FWP, Benson

Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne and TJ Housh

pretty damn good squad. My WRs will be weaker if I stick with Brady. I love Brady this year too but its hard to pass on the kind of value I get from keeping Kitna. Worth the gamble I think.

Thanks. Yes, much more strategy and much more fun this way. I am actually leaning toward keeping Kitna and trading Brady for Benson right now. I think Kitna's numbers will be close enough to Brady to justify that especially given the extra $ I will have to spend on stud WRs. My team will look like this:

Kitna (plus a good 2nd QB like Delhomme or Eli Manning)

LJ, FWP, Benson

Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne and TJ Housh

pretty damn good squad. My WRs will be weaker if I stick with Brady. I love Brady this year too but its hard to pass on the kind of value I get from keeping Kitna. Worth the gamble I think.

+1 here. I don't think Brady's worth the hit you'll take elsewhere given the cheaper option in Kitna. I disagree that Kitna's numbers will be close to Brady's, but I think you'll make it up in better WRs and a better bye-week/filler performance from Benson.