[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade

bigbadwolf

My first reaction to giving up a top 5 RB for a QB that is not named Peyton Manning is negative. However, you are in a dynasty league and Palmer is on a fast rise. If he truly becomes Manning-esque in the short term, you team will be off to a great start each year with LT and Palmer at the head of your class.

On the pick front, it seems you gave up some early position - slipping from the late second into the third round, but made up for this slip by moving from the sixth to the fourth round later (if I am reading your post right). I hate giving up early position, so I am not sure I like the move.

All in all, if you made the deal for any other QB besides Palmer, I would have bashed this move. I think folks will be able to argue this one either way (these days, RBs that are studs, do not share the load, and still have three years in the tank are very rare). What matters here most is your opinion. Conservative owners would have kept the two RBs due to the value generated by the position and the quality of the guys you had. You have chosen a different path and it is a path, in my opinion, that is justifiable becuase you now own a young and fast rising Palmer and you still own LT. These guys will be the cornerstones of your team for the next five years.

Good luck.

My first reaction to giving up a top 5 RB for a QB that is not named Peyton Manning is negative. However, you are in a dynasty league and Palmer is on a fast rise. If he truly becomes Manning-esque in the short term, you team will be off to a great start each year with LT and Palmer at the head of your class.

On the pick front, it seems you gave up some early position - slipping from the late second into the third round, but made up for this slip by moving from the sixth to the fourth round later (if I am reading your post right). I hate giving up early position, so I am not sure I like the move.

All in all, if you made the deal for any other QB besides Palmer, I would have bashed this move. I think folks will be able to argue this one either way (these days, RBs that are studs, do not share the load, and still have three years in the tank are very rare). What matters here most is your opinion. Conservative owners would have kept the two RBs due to the value generated by the position and the quality of the guys you had. You have chosen a different path and it is a path, in my opinion, that is justifiable becuase you now own a young and fast rising Palmer and you still own LT. These guys will be the cornerstones of your team for the next five years.

Good luck.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??? Last time I looked, FWP stood for "Fast Willie Parker". Did I miss something here?