[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Advice Picking 9 in a 10 team league

dre-22

This is my first time in a 10 team league. The scoring is performance based.

I have the 9th pick, the live draft is Friday at 6:00pm. Depending on how things

shack out.. I'm thinking that there will be the traditional run of RB's picked in the

1st round. I may go with Steve Smith as my #1 pick. I am really thinking that if

and only if... Peyton is there at #9 then I will take him in round one and then

would consider Steve Smith with the 2nd pick in round 2. Will 28 running backs

be drafted by the time I pick 29th? Should I really do the smart thing and go with

at least 1 running back with one of my 1st 2 picks, or go RB, RB, WR, WB? I do

not want to be settling for 3rd tier WR's, and QB's. Picking 9th sucks.

Any advise for me? :D:D

If you don't get a RB with one of those first two picks you are pretty much screwed. I can see why you would think about Manning or Smith, though. But the dropoff from Steve Smith to say, Roy Williams or Reggie Wayne is much less, IMO, than the dropoff from Travis Henry/McGahee/W. Parker to Brandon Jacobs or Marshawn Lynch.

You could go Manning, one of the two backs, then go Jacobs/WR in 3-4 (Williams, Wayne, Fitzgerald?). Or go RB-S Smith-Jacobs-WR and try to get a QB later on.

If you grab Peyton at 9, you need to grab a RB with your 2nd round pick. You are already playing with fire by going with a QB in round one. You are nearly guaranteeing disaster if you pass up a RB in the next round. Take a WR in the third round. You will be a lot happier.

Agreed, you need to get a RB with one of those picks. I like u taking Manning in Rd. 1 and then take best RB avail. in Rd. 2. I think there's a lot of depth at WR where you can make up for the Manning pick later and with the pts. he'll get you you're usually gauranteed a playoff spot with him ( that's how it's been in my office league anyway).

pls see mine. similar but different situation.