[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who to keep

jleonej

I am in a standard 8 man league this year and we are allowed 2 keepers. We do not get PPR so I need some help. I will loose the draft position on any player that I keep from last year. My players and draft order were:

Pick 1 LJ (traded away)

Pick 2 Willie Parker

Pick 3 Larry Fitzgerald

Pick 4 Chad Johnson

Pick 5 Deshawn Foster

Pick 6 Roy Williams

Pick 7 Santanna Moss

Pick 8 Bears D

Pick 9 Donte Stallworth

Pick 10 Deuce McAllister

Pick 11 Deangelo Williams

Pick 12 Lavernious Coles

Pick 13 Keyshawn Johnson

Pick 14 Trent Green

Pick 15 Travis Henry

Which 2 should I keep, I can only keep 1 per position, so I can keep 1 rb and 1 wr etc.

Remember I will loose that pick in this years draft. I was leaning toward Travis Henry and Chad Johnson. But since his injury the other night I don't know how healthy he is going to be. Now I am leaning toward Willie Parker and Chad Johnson. I just hate loosing my round 2 and 4 picks.

Our lineup is 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 d and a flex player (eiher a rb or wr). Please help

Holy crap.

You keep either LJ or Parker, and then pair them with Henry as your #2 RB, and use the 1st or 2nd rounder for a stud WR. Henry for a 15th round pick is a must keep. LJ for your 1st rounder is fair value, probably. Parker for your 2nd rounder is good value but probably won't get you as many yards. Do you have a legit ahot at a top 6-7 WR if you keep Parker?

I too like Travis Henry but I am still unsure of his injury. I know they are calling it a mild sprain, but Travis is injury prone and spraining a knee this earlly makes me a little scared in tagging him as one of my keepers. I am still up in the air about him. Trust me, I want to keep him in that round! You would keep Roy Williams over Chad Johnson?

Really? That is something to think about. I don't like Chad Johnson's up's and downs every week. I do think he will score a ton especially since Chris Henry is out for 8 weeks, but on the flip side, he will likely see more d's adjusting for him. Roy was and will be consistant throught out the year, especially with Calvin Johnson in Detroit now too. If I keep Roy and Travis I am thinking about going:

rd 1 rb

2-rb

3-qb

4-wr

5-te (gates) or wr

6-Roy Williams

Your thoughts on this strategy

Definitely Henry. As for WR, I'd lean towards Chad over Roy. I know, Roy is very talented, but the Detroit offense is in flux, trying to incorporate a rookie WR, and a new RB in Tatum Bell, and Kevin Jones is injured to start the season. Hard to tell if they will get into a real groove. Cincy, meanwhile, might have a few problems, but Palmer and Chad have to know each other very well by now, and Housh is just good enough on the other side, and Rudi is just good enough at RB to prevent Chad from being double-teamed constantly.