[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unique QB scoring, 6pts/TD + bonuses for yardage

Coffeeman

I've used the new customizable cheat sheets, which are nice, but they have limits. They just address the QB rankings, not what round(s) to target QBs. My local's new generous scoring have QBs getting up to 9 points/TD throwing if its a long one, and get 2 points per 25 yds thrown, 4 points per 25 after the 300 yard milestone reached.

All positions get the usual 1 pt/per 10 yds rush/received, and get the TD bonus for yards (up to 9) sitch too - no PPR. I just don't feel the usually great draft strategy articles (from DMD and others) preaching either RB-RB-WR or RB-WR-RB as the 'safest bets' can apply here.

So here are the specific Qs, based on my #4 slot:

1) Get Manning at the 2.09 spot if I can, right? That means RB-QB-RB/WR with my first 3 picks; or...

2) Assuming PM is off the board at 2.09, do I get a RB2 or stud WR there and then pull the trigger on another Tier1 QB as early as 3.04?? That = RB-RB/WR-QB; or...

3) Wait until the 4.09 or 5.04 slot for my QB and likely get a T2 guy, but stock up on better RBs/WRs, like the more traditional style I'm used to doing? That = RB-WR/RB-RB/WR-QB for 4 slots, or RB-WR/RB-RB-WR-QB in the first 5.

I'm so conflicted! What would you do? WWJD?

Edit: forgot to add, its a 12 team redraft league, and no real idiots on board; unfortunately...

Edited by Coffeeman

Nevermind - I just saw flypaste's thread as similar. Thanks to G&S and BC for input there. The 'wildcard' in all of this is how knowledgeable the other owners are as it relates to properly valuing QBs...

Edited by Coffeeman