[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Advice Needed

Purple

Hi everyone,

I'm brand-spanking new here. I've read through some previous posts and am happy to have found a board where some people actually know what they're talking about. So here's my dilemna. I'm drafting in a keeper league and have to keep one of my two QB's: Vince Young or Jon Kitna.

Obviously, Young is the better long-term prospect and ended the season nicely for me last year. BUT he has a porous O-line, untested WR's, and no solid running game. I guess I'm concerned about him being more of a Michael Vick circa 2005 QB than a prototypical fantasy QB. Oh, and he's on the Madden cover.

Kitna, on the other hand is old but expected to be running a potentially explosive offensive passing attack in Detroit. But, he's Jon Kitna.

Advice? Do I keep Young and just draft a veteran QB later on as insurance....or do I keep Kitna and just expect a solid season?

What QBs do you expect to see be available in the draft? Any cost assosciated with keeping the players that varies by player?

More than likely I think I would advise towards keeping Young and looking to draft a veteran for this season, maybe even redrafting Kitna at the right time.

In our league, we get to keep three players, but they have to be from three different positions. I've already got a RB (Willie Parker) and WR (Roy Williams), so QB is my last position to keep. There's no cost or anything. We draft our three keepers then draft the remaining available players. I'm leaning toward keeping Young and drafting a veteran QB (maybe even Kitna) later, I just may have to draft the QB earlier to ensure I get a solid one with Young's uncertain production. Keepign Kitna lets me draft a backup QB a few rounds later.