[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's talk Maroney

KCRob23

They all look great in the preseason, especially on offense, as it takes time for the defenses to get in sinc.

With the weapons at WR the Pats have, Maroney will fall into the sophmore slump like most second year RBs.

I hope he does well, as I have him in my dynasty league... but I'm not betting he'll be my top RB.

Von

here is my post from the "Pats-Cats" thread on Maroney...I'm not as entusiatic on his performance as you are:

:D

not sure i'd classify him as excellent.

he looked very tentative for the first series (to be expected), and had trouble following his blocks on the second. Prior to an 12-yard run to the outside on his 11th carry, he was 10 carries, 33 yards, a 3.3 per carry. Hardly excellent.

More urgently for Maroney owners, he was not in the backfield once on 3rd-down...and on the 4th-down play where the Pats went for it in their own territory, Maroney was on the sidelines. Sammy Morris played the role of 3rd-down/short-yardage RB....a frightening thought for Maroney owners, since this Pats offense looks like it will be able to take 8-12 yards of field at a time, meaning lots of chances inside the 10-yard-line.

Not sure what everyone else saw, but from my vantage point, Maroney was average at best....and if Belichek institutes for a full year what he showed last night, scale back your Maroney projections a tad, especially his TD total.

They all look great in the preseason, especially on offense, as it takes time for the defenses to get in sinc.

With the weapons at WR the Pats have, Maroney will fall into the sophmore slump like most second year RBs.

I hope he does well, as I have him in my dynasty league... but I'm not betting he'll be my top RB.

Von

You have it the other way around the Offense normally takes longer to get in-sinc

here is my post from the "Pats-Cats" thread on Maroney...I'm not as entusiatic on his performance as you are:

well, he just came back from no contact....

his approach should take some time to be in rhythm with the offense and the blocking scheme...

well, he just came back from no contact....

his approach should take some time to be in rhythm with the offense and the blocking scheme...

oh, i agree 100%....i was just disputing those that classified his performance as excellent....it was far from it.

More of note was the personell in different packages...I doubt anyone felt the hulking Maroney would be removed from this offense in short-yardage, but he was last night, and Morris looked every bit MBIII-ish in that role...he was outstanding.

If all you were looking for as a Maroney owner was for him to take a pop and get up, he was excellent in that role.

Von

Nope, usually defenses are ahead of offenses. Get it right.