[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jacksonvillers & Huddlers - Who's #1 WR in Jax?

mabucfan

Finished a 14 team draft last night and in reviewing the list of WRs left over, both Wilford & Northcutt went undrafted.

Wilford is listed as the #1 WR on Jax's depth chart, and I've been hearing good things about Northcutt's performance so far this preseason - are either of these Jax WRs worth picking up at the expense of Hixon from Denver (my last round pick)?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Hixon is going to be the 5th receiving option in DEN at best (barring 2-3 injuries), and the main thing he brings to the table is his return capabilities.

Any #1/#2 WR in the league, no matter what team they play for, has more value than Hixon. Personally I like Wilford over Northcutt in that situation - all the guy does is produce given the chance. Not pretty, not sexy, but just gets the job done - and is solid in the red zone.

I agree with Bronco Billy. I draftted Wilford in the 16th round of my draft just because I felt compelled to do so. Currently he is the NO. 1 WR on that team and I was not going to get burned with Matt Jones yet again, even though he wasn't there anyway.

The correct answer to this is, of course: There isn't one.

There really isn't a #1 anything on offense in Jacksonville.

#1 QB is Leftwich, but he's an ankle or a few bad games from being #2.

#1 RB is Taylor, but Jones-Drew probably outperforms him, so he might as well be #2.

#1 WR is Wilford, but it's almost by default.

#1 TE is young gun Lewis, or Coaches favorite Wrighster?

The Jags are like a giant Yahtzee game. You shake the dice out and whoever comes up are the #1's.

Edited by FordFairlane

Northcutt would be my choice. Wilford has had his chances and Yahoo and Espn report that Northcutt is the WR1 as of Aug 26th due to his impressive camp and preseason..