[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting 8th in 8 team PPR league

Shaqfu

Alright this will be my first draft and I have the 8th pick (then reverse order so I have 9th, 24th, 25th, 40th, 41st etc). I do not know what to do in terms of first 2 picks. Do I jump on the best available RB and then a Big time WR? or RB RB. I need some help for the first few rounds. Thanks all.

You're going to be able to get 2 very good Rb's with 8 and 9, take advantage of that. Since you get a PPR, I would look at Bush or Westbrook if either are available. You will still be able to get very good WR's with your 24th and 25th pick.

To help out, you should list how many starters you need for each position, and how many points you get for rushing yards, receiving yards, all TD's, etc...

Passing

TD Pass 4

Every 25 passing yards 1

40+ yard TD pass bonus 2

2pt Passing Conversion 2

Interceptions Thrown -2

Rushing

TD Rush 6

2pt Rushing Conversion 2

Every 10 rushing yards 1

40+ yard TD rush bonus 2

Receiving

TD Reception 6

2pt Receiving Conversion 2

40+ yard TD rec bonus 2

Every 10 receiving yards 1

Each reception 1

Miscellaneous

Fumble Recovered for TD 6

Each Fumble Lost -2

Kickoff Return TD 6

Punt Return TD 6

The guy who drafted 8th in my 8 team PPR League took Willie Parker and Laurence Maroney, letting Bush slide to me in the 2nd round 14th overall after I had already taken Gore.

No doubt you should go RB/RB. And certainly try and take a guy who catches a lot. Reggie Bush would be a huge pickup at 8 or 9, as he should really be drafted before that in PPR.

I'd def target Bush if he's there and Willie Parker would be solid too. Doubtful that a guy like Addai or Westbrook will fall to you though. If one of them does, however, gobble it up.

WR/WR all the way. You'll still be able to grab a somewhat decent 3rd RB on the next turn.

If a top tier QB is available, depending on your scoring, you may want to take one at the 2nd turn.

There is a lot of good WR depth in this years draft.

This would be a mistake, I'd hope Westbrook and Bush fall to you and take them. Then you still have the 24th and 25th picks to get two great receivers.

And I agree 8 teams are a joke. Draft position means very little.

And I agree 8 teams are a joke. Draft position means very little.

The thing that makes 8 team leagues fun is trying to decide what players to start. You have so many good players on your team that picking the correct player for each week can be tricky. I play in 8, 10 and 12 team leagues and find all 3 of them to be fun for different reasons.

The thing that makes 8 team leagues fun is trying to decide what players to start. You have so many good players on your team that picking the correct player for each week can be tricky. I play in 8, 10 and 12 team leagues and find all 3 of them to be fun for different reasons.

You should try a 32 team league, 'cause you just hope one of your running backs gets a carry on Sunday.