[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Williams

weebo

Anyone know if this guy has a chance at being productive this year...i drafted him as my third back behind SJax and B.Jacobs, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I was just offered A.Green for him from aa owner whos nuts over Williams...Is he seeing something im not???

i know this isnt a blockbuster trade or anything...just looking for some imput.

Standard scoring system in a 10 team league.

thanks for any help

Green is assured the starting role and D Will is not as of yet. Green is injury prone....hmmm this is a tough one but I would probably go with Green for his consistency and no alternatives in Houston plus a better qb should open up the game a little. Also green is good out of the backfield as a receiver. So I guess in the end I would go with green but close call

I'd take the trade and give up Wiliams for Green.

DeAngelo Williams is not the starter there and won't be getting the goal line carries this year. see more here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/is-d...ms-over-or.html

Ahman Green is on a totally new team that will run more than the Packers did last year. He is the clear-cut starter.. See more here.. :D .. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/fant...hman-green.html

I'd take the trade and give up Wiliams for Green.

DeAngelo Williams is not the starter there and won't be getting the goal line carries this year. see more here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/is-d...ms-over-or.html

Ahman Green is on a totally new team that will run more than the Packers did last year. He is the clear-cut starter.. See more here.. :D .. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/fant...hman-green.html

Thanks for the info and those blog sites

mmmm tough call, Green is starter on a poor team; DeAngelo will start off behind Foster, but most feel will be featured back by mid season on a team with a favorable running scheduled....Bear in mind, Foster can't shake the injury bug.....I grabbed DeAngelo as my third back behind Rudi and Maroney, and confident in him posting decent numbers....

Edited by chinatown dragons

I see it as a question of how long can you wait. If you think you'll win your first few weeks without Williams (or without big production from him) than you might see how it pans out. If you do in fact, need consistency weekly (barring injury of course) Ahman looks like a decent fit. He might have a lower ceiling, but the floor is a lot higher on Ahman than compared to Williams if he is doesn't get more than 50% of the carries.

Anyone know if this guy has a chance at being productive this year...i drafted him as my third back behind SJax and B.Jacobs, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I was just offered A.Green for him from aa owner whos nuts over Williams...Is he seeing something im not???

i know this isnt a blockbuster trade or anything...just looking for some imput.

Standard scoring system in a 10 team league.

thanks for any help

Something to consider is that DeShaun Foster has had an excellent preseason, further minimizinf the value of D. Williams.

Here's is the news from CBSsports.com:

"DeShaun Foster continued his strong preseason with 18 rush yards on three carries and a three-yard catch at Philadelphia. Foster picked up 62 yards on five carries in the preseason opener against the Giants and seems to be thriving in the club's new zone-blocking scheme."