[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting From the Cellar (Again)

reneworleans

Once again this year I have the #10 pick in the first round and then the #3 pick in the second round of our serpentine live draft, which starts this Tuesday night.

I want to pick two decent RB's right away and will probably have the choice of selecting two RB's from the following subset (the number to the right of team name is player's bye week:

• Willie Parker PIT 6
  • Rudi Johnson CIN 5
  • Travis Henry (u) DEN 6
  • Brian Westbrook PHI 5
  • Laurence Maroney ® (u) NEP 10
  • Cedric Benson (u) CHI 9
  • Ronnie Brown ® (u) MIA 9
  • Reggie Bush (u) NOS 4
  • Edgerrin James (u) ARI 8

I am leaning toward choosing either Rudi or Travis in the first round, and then either Maroney or Bush in the second round.

Which two would you choose and why?

We use standard performance scoring.

If Parker or Westbrook was available at 10, I'd jump on them before anyone else.

In the second round, Rudi and Henry will probably be gone, but you're best off taking Parker or Westbrook anyways.

If Maroney is available (he'll probably be gone too) that's a steal. Ronnie Brown would be a reach.

Edgerrin James or Cedric Benson would probably be your best bet, unless you want to take a chance on Bush.

Without PPR though, I don't see Bush having that much value.

Just my $0.02

i was in similar situation, but had nine and 2, respectively......Fast Willie went 6th, which surprised me.....Westy went 8th, and I was pleased to get Rudi at number nine....yeah, he's not flashy, but year in and year out, gets you 12 tds and over 1200 yards, which is great.....I then came back and took Maroney at number 2; considered Henry, but like upside of Maroney more.....

Westbrook, Maroney went 1/10, 2.1 in my league last night. i drafted 8th, wanted Parker, didn't like Westbrooks inj. history. Happy with Rudi

1.7 Parker

1.8 Rudi

1.9 Bush

1.10 Westy

2.1 Maroney

2.2 MJD

2.3 Henry

2.4 Manning

Any combo of Rudi, Westy, Henry, MJD, Maroney, Bush would be good. If you start 3 WR I might consider a top WR there then grab Benson/Jacobs in the 3rd.

Good Luck!