[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for McNabb

Whiskeyjack

Would appreciate any advice you can offer on this trade. It's a 10 team league, and we start 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Scoring is 6 points for any TD, 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, 1 point for every 25 yards passing, and -2 for interceptions and fumbles.

We had our auction draft this past week. My current team (with backups in parentheses) is:

QB - P.Rivers, A.Smith (J.Losman, J.Campbell)

RB - S.Jackson, T.Jones, L.Jordan (J.Norwood, B.Jackson, L.Washington, J.Chatman)

WR - R.Wayne, M.Colston, L.Evans, S.Holmes (B.Marshall, Jac.Jones)

TE - J.Witten

K - N.Kaeding

DEF - Philadelphia

I've been offered McNabb and D.Rhodes for P.Rivers, J.Campbell, and Brandon Jackson. The other guy is desperate for help at RB3. I like the upgrade to my starting lineup, and I think I can probably afford to deal B.Jackson, since I'd still have Jordan and Norwood to share the RB3 spot...but I'm worried about McNabb's injuries and the fact that he lost Stallworth (will Curtis be enough to offset that loss?). I also like McNabb's schedule, especially compared to the difficult slate of games that Rivers will have to deal with this year.

Do you think I should do the trade? Is the upgrade from Rivers to McNabb worth losing Brandon Jackson (and Jason Campbell - I like him this year, and he's more than just a throw in given that this is a 2 QB league)? Thanks in advance for your help.

Would appreciate any advice you can offer on this trade. It's a 10 team league, and we start 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Scoring is 6 points for any TD, 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, 1 point for every 25 yards passing, and -2 for interceptions and fumbles.

We had our auction draft this past week. My current team (with backups in parentheses) is:

QB - P.Rivers, A.Smith (J.Losman, J.Campbell)

RB - S.Jackson, T.Jones, L.Jordan (J.Norwood, B.Jackson, L.Washington, J.Chatman)

WR - R.Wayne, M.Colston, L.Evans, S.Holmes (B.Marshall, Jac.Jones)

TE - J.Witten

K - N.Kaeding

DEF - Philadelphia

I've been offered McNabb and D.Rhodes for P.Rivers, J.Campbell, and Brandon Jackson. The other guy is desperate for help at RB3. I like the upgrade to my starting lineup, and I think I can probably afford to deal B.Jackson, since I'd still have Jordan and Norwood to share the RB3 spot...but I'm worried about McNabb's injuries and the fact that he lost Stallworth (will Curtis be enough to offset that loss?). I also like McNabb's schedule, especially compared to the difficult slate of games that Rivers will have to deal with this year.

Do you think I should do the trade? Is the upgrade from Rivers to McNabb worth losing Brandon Jackson (and Jason Campbell - I like him this year, and he's more than just a throw in given that this is a 2 QB league)? Thanks in advance for your help.

You are likely to need the depth at RB vs. the marginal upgrade that McNabb offers. He'll probably be a monster while he's your starter but as per usual he won't make it through the season. I'd say stick to what you got, and put Norwood in your starting lineup up, he's better then Jordan.

You are likely to need the depth at RB vs. the marginal upgrade that McNabb offers. He'll probably be a monster while he's your starter but as per usual he won't make it through the season. I'd say stick to what you got, and put Norwood in your starting lineup up, he's better then Jordan.

What do you think about perhaps making the trade, and then looking to sell high on McNabb half way through the season? I suppose it depends on if you think he's injury prone, or if you believe his injuries the past few years were flukes.

And I like Norwood more than Jordan, too, but I prefer Jordan's matchup in week 1, and I like the fact that he won't be sharing carries to start the season.

Not like I'm blown' my own horn (see my starter and backup QB) below. McNabb is rolln' the dice, but with better than 1:6 odds. You know that if he stays healthy he will be a top 3 QB (just look at his history), so if you want to really go after a championship I would make the deal, but I would offer Smith or Losman (if this can be done) instead of Campbell. I personally think that Campbell (based on his statistical performance over the final 5 games in 2006) has the an upside equal to that of Rivers and if anything were to happen to McNabb would be a better place to start rebuilding your 2QB tandum than either Smith or Losman.