[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dennis Northcutt

JaysGoingDown

Jaguars have no speed at WR to stretch the field. Northcutt has some speed.

My biggest concern is that the Jags haven't given up on Reggie "BUST" Williams or Matt "BUST" Jones, and there will still be a lot WR by committee. Plus the fact that Garrard would much rather run than throw. And the Jags as a team would rather run than throw.

My biggest concern is that the Jags haven't given up on Reggie "BUST" Williams or Matt "BUST" Jones, and there will still be a lot WR by committee. Plus the fact that Garrard would much rather run than throw. And the Jags as a team would rather run than throw.

This will work itself out in the season but I don't see myself starting a JAX WR for awhile this season.

+1 on both accounts...

Dennis might have value as a kick returner more than a WR.

Then it is a sad state of affairs for the Jaguars front office that he is at #2 ahead of first rounders Williams and Jones.

I agree, although as previously mentioned above, don't rule out R. Williams and M. Jones, even though they are busts. Actually Dennis Northcutt may just be a Kick returner, splitting with MJones Drew.

I agree, although as previously mentioned above, don't rule out R. Williams and M. Jones, even though they are busts. Actually Dennis Northcutt may just be a Kick returner, splitting with MJones Drew.

As a Jags homer, I can tell you that's not the case.

"You can't surround any quarterback with inconsistency," first year receivers coach Todd Monken said. "You can't have guys just running around, dropping balls, not at the right depth. The first thing here is getting guys that are consistent. I've never been around any passing game that's worth a damn if you can't be in the right spot all the time and catch it."

"It seems so simple, but somehow, it hasn't been simple. It should be that simple: play your (butt) off, get in the right spot, catch the thing, and we'll go from there. But for some reason, that's been hard."

The full article can be found here:

Williams' Future in Question

THAT'S why Northcutt and Wilford are starting. They're the only competent WRs on the team.

BTW, as critical as I am of the current Jaguars regime...I think Monken is awesome.

As a Jags homer, I can tell you that's not the case.

The full article can be found here:

Williams' Future in Question

THAT'S why Northcutt and Wilford are starting. They're the only competent WRs on the team.

BTW, as critical as I am of the current Jaguars regime...I think Monken is awesome.

Then who will be the primary kick returner in Jacksonville? Does anybody know?

Yeah, everything I have read tells me that the Jags went out and got Northcutt with the thought that he was going to be "the guy." Whether he will be suited to that role or not remains to be seen. But unless Garrard undergoes some sort of metamorphisis, Northcutt won't make much of a splash. Probably worth a roster spot though, just to see how he pans out.

Edited by rattsass