[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grilled Talapia Filets

jaxfactor

I'm trying to stay away from fried foods. At least cutting down. I'm thawing out some talapia filets and decided to try them on the grill Friday night. Any ideas on how to season them? Will be cooking in darkness as that's the only time I find to cook dinner after work, hospital, chores. I'll be hitting the store sometime after work so I can buy something if I don't have it, like lemon.

I like this one myself with salmon....give it a shot.

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup soy sauce

3 tablespoons fresh lime juice

2 tablespoons water

1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

4 (6-ounce) pieces salmon fillet, skin removed

Black sesame seeds, for garnish

In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lime juice, water, and mustard. In a small non-stick skillet, heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook salmon 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer salmon to 4 plates. Add honey mixture to skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, until it reaches a glaze-like consistency. Pour the glaze over salmon and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.

Do you eat catfish and carp also? talapia is a fish that sustains itself on other fishes shat. Too many bones and too much shat eaten over time for me to mess with. Plus there is a reason why it is soooo cheap and massively eaten by all the Latino's. :D

\

That said one can't go wrong with simple salt/pepper and some lemon slices with a bit of dill, then grilled lightly. Even poached on the grill will work.

• 7 months later...