[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last minute WDIS @ WR #3

jimmyfowler

Hey guys,

Torn last minute on WR #3. Standard scoring, no PPR.

Brandon Marshall vs. BUF - Nice matchup, but he could be a year or two off breaking out yet.

Jerry Porter vs. DET - Again, a decent matchup, but people seem to favour Curry, and he's not exactly Mr. Consistant.

James Jones vs. PHI - Driver is sore, Jennings has tweaked his hamstring... Can/will he step up and will he see lots of passes come his way today?

Thanks!

Wow, I see your dilemma! You can probably just draw one out of a hat and have as good a chance at picking the right one.

Let me think this out:

Although Marshall has a lot of upside, and once he and Cutler develop some chemistry, I think they will have a great future... Today is Travis Henry's day to shine against his former team. The "Rat" Shannahan has a new toy and I'm sure he is going to play with it a lot.

As I said in another Post, once Culpepper is named the starter for the Raiders, I think Porter has the talent to turn in a Moss-like season, when Moss was with the Vikes. As of now, that QB situation is too "up in the air" so I would have a tough time playing Porter regardless of the match-up.

You are correct in assuming James Jones will see a lot of balls his way today. All indications are he has Favre's confidence(which is a big thing). I don't like starting rookies until they have proven they can play when it counts. In this case however, the Pack will be starting a rook at RB as well, so someone will have to come up big for them to have a chance. I think they will be playing from behind today, so Jones will get his shots.

For this week only, I would start Jones and pray.

Good Luck!

Wow, I see your dilemma! You can probably just draw one out of a hat and have as good a chance at picking the right one.

Let me think this out:

Although Marshall has a lot of upside, and once he and Cutler develop some chemistry, I think they will have a great future... Today is Travis Henry's day to shine against his former team. The "Rat" Shannahan has a new toy and I'm sure he is going to play with it a lot.

As I said in another Post, once Culpepper is named the starter for the Raiders, I think Porter has the talent to turn in a Moss-like season, when Moss was with the Vikes. As of now, that QB situation is too "up in the air" so I would have a tough time playing Porter regardless of the match-up.

You are correct in assuming James Jones will see a lot of balls his way today. All indications are he has Favre's confidence(which is a big thing). I don't like starting rookies until they have proven they can play when it counts. In this case however, the Pack will be starting a rook at RB as well, so someone will have to come up big for them to have a chance. I think they will be playing from behind today, so Jones will get his shots.

For this week only, I would start Jones and pray.

Good Luck!

+1

I'm exactly the same with rooks in week 1, but Jones has landed in a nice situation this week, and you simply don't have enough talent to convince me you shouldn't take this gamble. Just keep in mind, we're hyped on him because he looked really good in a few games that mean absolutely nothing, playing against second string defenses, emerging as the favorite target of his backup QB who will not be on the field at all this week. Good luck!