[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Brown trade offer

DalCowboys08

So I am trying to get Chris Brown off another team's bench. My first offer was countered with this. It's an IDP Dynasty league. Do I want to give up my stud for Brown and Marshall or do I think I can get better with my 1st rd pick next year? realistically...I should be somewhere in the middle of the pack.

He gives: Chris Brown and Brandon Marshall and I give him Calvin Johnson

or

He gives: Chris Brown and 08 2nd rd rookie pick and I give him my 08 1st round pick.

Current Team:

Mine:

QB Matt Hasselbeck, Sea QB

RB Steven Jackson, StL RB

RB DeShaun Foster, Car RB

RB/WR Vincent Jackson, SD

WR Santana Moss, Was WR

WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR

TE Vernon Davis, SF TE

LB Nick Barnett, GB LB

LB Julian Peterson, Sea LB

DL Derrick Burgess, Oak DE

DL Trevor Pryce, Bal DE

DB Sean Jones, Cle S

DB Antrel Rolle, Ari CB

K Matt Stover, Bal K

BENCH

Bench Vince Young, Ten QB

Bench Wali Lundy, Hou RB

Bench Michael Clayton, TB WR

Bench Keyshawn Johnson, Car WR

Bench Eric Moulds, Ten WR

Bench Robert Meachem, NO WR

Bench Josh Scobee, Jac K

Bench Richard Seymour*, NE DT

Bench Andra Davis*, Cle LB

Bench Ed Reed, Bal S Q

Bench DeAngelo Hall, Atl CB

Bench Kawika Mitchell, NYG LB

Bench Luis Castillo, SD DT

Bench Michael Pittman, TB RB

Bench Ernest Wilford, Jac WR

Bench Tedy Bruschi, NE LB P

Bench Kevin Williams, Min DT

Bench Jerramy Stevens, TB TE

Bench Justin Medlock, KC K

Bench Charlie Frye, Cle QB

Not sure how deep your league is.. Judging by your roster it could be really deep, why else would you have Keyshawn still?

Chris Brown always gets hurt, and was inactive in many games last year. He was cut, and no other teams bothered to pick him up. He's decent when healthy and playing as an rb3, but that's about all. He was dropped and picked up many times over the past couple of years in both of my dynasty leagues.

I would not give up Calvin Johnson. If you're desperate for an RB, than maybe swap the picks. Picking in the middle doesn't help much when we don't know how many teams there are and what pick that will be. Drafting is always somewhat of a crap shoot, you might end up with a K-Jana Carter or Curtis Enis or something, and then Brown is a better player.

Personally, even with the draft pick option, I think you'd be buying him at his high point, you'll have a few good weeks here and there throughout the season, and a year from now he might not even be on your roster (then again, you still have Keyshawn)

Not sure how deep your league is.. Judging by your roster it could be really deep, why else would you have Keyshawn still?

Chris Brown always gets hurt, and was inactive in many games last year. He was cut, and no other teams bothered to pick him up. He's decent when healthy and playing as an rb3, but that's about all. He was dropped and picked up many times over the past couple of years in both of my dynasty leagues.

I would not give up Calvin Johnson. If you're desperate for an RB, than maybe swap the picks. Picking in the middle doesn't help much when we don't know how many teams there are and what pick that will be. Drafting is always somewhat of a crap shoot, you might end up with a K-Jana Carter or Curtis Enis or something, and then Brown is a better player.

Personally, even with the draft pick option, I think you'd be buying him at his high point, you'll have a few good weeks here and there throughout the season, and a year from now he might not even be on your roster (then again, you still have Keyshawn)

Acutally Keyshawn wasn't supposed to be there, he's been dropped. I took that roster from an old one I had saved on my desktop. I was dead tired when I posted that, hence the lack of details. 12 team IDP league with a 25 man roster. I declined the trade. I was given more appealing options without giving up my 1st rounder. Somehow I think I will need it.