[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers, please

Big F'n Dave

My wife went to our family doctor last Tuesday. She has hypertension that is controlled by medication, so we were a little surprised when his office called Thursday and his nurse said he wanted Julie to see a cardiologist. She'd been kinda tired and was getting winded rather easily, but we chalked it up to not enough exercise.

Went to the heart doc yesterday. Ran through all of the routine questions and did an EKG. It came back slightly abnormal, but doc said it was not likely anything to be concerned with. Nevertheless, you're already here, he said. Let's go ahead an do an echocardiogram (an ultrasound of the heart) to be certain. The heart, he says, is nothing to mess around with.

It turns out that Julie's heart is pumping at less than 50 percent right now. He has no idea why. Julie is 40 and a helluva lot fitter than most of us. She doesn't smoke - never has. Her father died of a heart attack, but how many of us have family histories with no heart problems?

The doc mentioned "viral infection" several times. Julie had been a little under weather with a sick stomach for the past couple weeks, but our family doc didn't mention any infection.

I'm scared to death, guys. Absolutely scared to death. We're going to the hospital this morning. He's going to admit her (ICU, no less) to see if he can find out what's going. I'm trying to put on a brave face, but I've never been this scared of anything in my life.

Please pray, meditate, send good vibes/thoughts - whatever ya got. I and JulieB would certainly appreciate them.

Prayers are sent. Everything will work out.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic