[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith Trader

jlohalo

I have been offered Steven Jackson for Steve Smith. Should I give up Smith?

8 team league. Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, TE, K, DE

My starters are:

Carson Palmer

Alex Smith

Tomlinson

Ronnie Brown or Cadilac Williams

Steve Smith

Javon Walker

Reggie Brown (Philly)

Deion Branch

BENCH Jerry Porter and Mike Furrey

TE, DE, K all ok.

Thoughts? Thanks.

...As for the WRs you will have left, I find it hard to believe that in an eight team league, you could not upgrade your WRs via the waiver wire...

I thought of that as well, but sort of assumed that he'd already have better WRs (via draft or WW after week #1) if there were any out there to be had.

:D

I would make that trade. The chance to have LT and SJax as your two RBs is too much to pass up. As for the WRs you will have left, I find it hard to believe that in an eight team league, you could not upgrade your WRs via the waiver wire, or by trading Ronnie Brown??

Each of the 8 teams in this league drafts 7 WR's. Depending which fantasy football ranking system you look at, I have the following in WR's:

Steve Smith #2

Javon Walker #14

Deion Branch #23

Reggie Brown #29

Jerry Porter #35

Mike Furrey #43

Arnez Battle...unranked- picked up in case he gets hot I would have the Alex Smith/Battle hook up.

Given their rankings, I don't think my WR's are horrible. They would take a huge hit if I trade Smith. However, the LT/Jackson combination would put up a higher average of points over the season than WR's that get hot and cold, no?

Trading Ronnie Brown for a decenct WR is probably not going to happen. Honestly, what WR off of your teams would you give me for Ronnie Brown? Let's be honest, nobody "wants" Ronnie Brown.

Seven roster WR spots times 8 teams equals the top 56 WR's already on a roster. What WR's ranked below 56 are an upgrade on the waiver wire to what I have?

Thanks again for the help?

Each of the 8 teams in this league drafts 7 WR's. Depending which fantasy football ranking system you look at, I have the following in WR's:

Steve Smith #2

Javon Walker #14

Deion Branch #23

Reggie Brown #29

Jerry Porter #35

Mike Furrey #43

Arnez Battle...unranked- picked up in case he gets hot I would have the Alex Smith/Battle hook up.

Given their rankings, I don't think my WR's are horrible. They would take a huge hit if I trade Smith. However, the LT/Jackson combination would put up a higher average of points over the season than WR's that get hot and cold, no?

Trading Ronnie Brown for a decenct WR is probably not going to happen. Honestly, what WR off of your teams would you give me for Ronnie Brown? Let's be honest, nobody "wants" Ronnie Brown.

Seven roster WR spots times 8 teams equals the top 56 WR's already on a roster. What WR's ranked below 56 are an upgrade on the waiver wire to what I have?

Thanks again for the help?

I meant "Thanks for the help!"

Each of the 8 teams in this league drafts 7 WR's.

THAT explains it ... at least now I understand.

Rather than trying to upgrade at RB, maybe you should be looking at a QB upgrade - Smith may be a starter in the NFL, but he's not going to help you much fantasy-wise, anything better on the WW, even as a high risk / potential upside option?

THAT explains it ... at least now I understand.

Rather than trying to upgrade at RB, maybe you should be looking at a QB upgrade - Smith may be a starter in the NFL, but he's not going to help you much fantasy-wise, anything better on the WW, even as a high risk / potential upside option?

I have Garrard and T Green on my bench. I might go to Garrard next week.

The only available QB's out there are:

McCown

Derek Anderson

Harrington

Huard