[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Kitna live up to his predicition?

Chief

Kitna and 10 wins....  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Lions win 10 games?

• Yes
    • No

Oddly enough, someone older and wiser than I who was on the sidelines for many NFL seasons gave me the following observation some years ago regarding the mentality of QB's who have been successful in the NFL. According to his observations, there were 2 types that tended to be more successful The ones who had the "It's in God's hands" mindset and the complete opposite end of the spectrum, total hedonists. Take Staubach as an example for QB's of the first type or say Detroit's Bobby Lane or Stabler from Oakland as an example of the second type. Craig Morton was one of the oddballs in that he fit both categories at different times. His theory was that in each case, the QB had a built-in mechanism for not wrecking himself psychologically-known in modern parlance as 'psyching yourself out'. Following on, he thought QB's had enough to do without always second-guessing everything they did so guys who fell into one of these two categories had an advantage. The one's who put it in God's hands could just move on with the belief that, hey it wasn't meant to be, the hedonists could just shrug it off, smile at the linemen at the end of the game and say 'Hey, who wants to hit 8 Mile for some drinks and strippers eh?' Just thought I'd throw that in.

I'll take 10-6.

Easy on the big words eh! :D