[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Kitna live up to his predicition?

Chief

Kitna and 10 wins....  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Lions win 10 games?

• Yes
    • No

Although our schedule this year is pretty brutal, I'm starting to think we can. After this week, 3-0. With the Bears and Minn having big problems on offense, this divsion is up for grabs. Not sure what to expect of GB yet, but probably a split.

Although our schedule this year is pretty brutal, I'm starting to think we can. After this week, 3-0. With the Bears and Minn having big problems on offense, this divsion is up for grabs. Not sure what to expect of GB yet, but probably a split.

I still say no, but it is very possible. Kitna now says he has no pain.

I doubt it. It seems more possible than in previous years, but I'd be happy with 8-8 when compared to last year. Lions have started off well and still found a way to end up at the bottom of the heap by years end. I'd be nice to see some consistency.

I don't know if you knew this, but he does have the power of God on his side.

Lions | Kitna calls return “a miracle”

Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:32:50 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions QB Jon Kitna (concussion) said that he believes his quick recovery from a concussion was a miracle. "You guys will probably snicker and laugh and have a good time with this, but it was a miracle. That's really what it is. You can call it whatever it is, whatever the official diagnosis of it was, but I've never felt anything like that and for it clear up and go right back to as normal as I can be, it's nothing short of a miracle in my life. I definitely feel the hand of God, that's all it was. You can't explain it, you can't talk about it, I have no headache, I have no symptoms, no lingering effects. That's the worst my head has ever felt and the worst my memory ever was in the second quarter yet, after halftime, there was nothing. It's nothing short of a miracle and you can take that as you wish," Kitna said.

So, I'd say yes. If I'm to understand the bible... pretty much, whatever God wants, he gets.

So, I'd say yes. If I'm to understand the bible... pretty much, whatever God wants, he gets.

I hope God has him on his fantasy team..cause he's on two of mine.

Yeah, but that goes both ways. One of the most frustrating things to me about Kitna's stint with the Bengals was that whenever they would lose -- which was often -- or whenever he made a bad play -- which was also pretty frequent ... it was just God's will. I hated having a QB who essentially believed that whatever happened, happened, and there wasn't really anything he or anyone else could do about it.

Not dissing anyone's religion, and Kitna's a great dude in many ways. I just find the belief that God is so personally involved in every aspect of your life, like whether you complete a pass or recover from a concussion, to be an odd belief system for an NFL quarterback.

It's depressing to think that God's Great Plan somehow involves the Detroit Lions on any level.

Yeah, but that goes both ways. One of the most frustrating things to me about Kitna's stint with the Bengals was that whenever they would lose -- which was often -- or whenever he made a bad play -- which was also pretty frequent ... it was just God's will. I hated having a QB who essentially believed that whatever happened, happened, and there wasn't really anything he or anyone else could do about it.

Not dissing anyone's religion, and Kitna's a great dude in many ways. I just find the belief that God is so personally involved in every aspect of your life, like whether you complete a pass or recover from a concussion, to be an odd belief system for an NFL quarterback.

It's depressing to think that God's Great Plan somehow involves the Detroit Lions on any level.

just have faith bro.... it will do yeah some good ...

This just in.......God doesn't like running backs.

God wanted peace in Iraq (according to our esteemed president) so if their season goes that well I say 8 wins. :D

IMO- Kitna's main flaw has been his 4th quarter meltdowns. This was true for the Bengals and ALL of last year for Detroit, except the Dallas game. So far this season, he's been as good in the 4th as he's been in the 1st. If he can keep that up, the Lions will be in every game this year and likely will reach 10 wins. If he begins to "lose it" in the 4th quarter as in the past, no way. So far he is the far and away leader of this team and they seem to be rallying behind him. So, as he goes, so go the Lions.

Oddly enough, someone older and wiser than I who was on the sidelines for many NFL seasons gave me the following observation some years ago regarding the mentality of QB's who have been successful in the NFL. According to his observations, there were 2 types that tended to be more successful The ones who had the "It's in God's hands" mindset and the complete opposite end of the spectrum, total hedonists. Take Staubach as an example for QB's of the first type or say Detroit's Bobby Lane or Stabler from Oakland as an example of the second type. Craig Morton was one of the oddballs in that he fit both categories at different times. His theory was that in each case, the QB had a built-in mechanism for not wrecking himself psychologically-known in modern parlance as 'psyching yourself out'. Following on, he thought QB's had enough to do without always second-guessing everything they did so guys who fell into one of these two categories had an advantage. The one's who put it in God's hands could just move on with the belief that, hey it wasn't meant to be, the hedonists could just shrug it off, smile at the linemen at the end of the game and say 'Hey, who wants to hit 8 Mile for some drinks and strippers eh?' Just thought I'd throw that in.

I'll take 10-6.

Edited by Snoil