[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suspension in the NFL

Cowboyz1

I would like to get this cleared up once and for all. We all know that the NFL suspension consist of a certain amount of time whereby the player cannot participate in team activities such as practices, meetings and most importantly games. Moreover, from what I understand cannot be on the organizations facilities.

However, to what extent is the NO contact rule enforced? Tank Johnson for example, I am sure someone is getting him information to study on the Cowboys D and I am sure Tank is singing like a canary about Chicago's weaknesses.

How much contact really goes on while a player is on suspension?

Does he get phone calls, tapes and playbooks to study?

Basically, I want to know if coaches and players can go to his home or meet outside the facilties to coach a guy up without ramifications of being caught.

I have always wondered if there was any enforcement of the NO contact rule because I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for contact with the team while on suspension.

I am intrigued by the signing of Tank because if the light came on for this kid, he's only 25, he could be a monster of a player for the Cowboys and a steal of a deal.

He had character issues in high school. They only progressed through college which is the reason why the cowboys removed them from their draft boards... But that was back when they wanted nothing to do with questionable character guys.

Also remember, after his gun charge he pleaded for Chicago's forgiveness and promised he would stay out of trouble. Later that night he was in an altercation outside of a club that ended with the shooting death of his best friend.

-Break for suspension- Goodell tells him that 8 games could be cut down to 6 is he stays out of trouble.

A few months back he was pulled over and then arrested at 3:30 in the morning in Arizona...

I don't there there is a light in there to turn on.

He's a thug.

I'm also going to laugh my ass off when the people who are using the phrase "Bellicheat" start trying to defend this ass-clown.

Have fun with that piece of garbage on your team.

Edited by piratesownninjas

What kills me is how Cowboy fans have seemed to be complaining about the loss integrity of the game with video-gate....yet they continue to praise and glorify the thugs and hoodlums that have worn their beloved jersey or are about to wear it.

:D

He had character issues in high school. They only progressed through college which is the reason why the cowboys removed them from their draft boards... But that was back when they wanted nothing to do with questionable character guys.

Also remember, after his gun charge he pleaded for Chicago's forgiveness and promised he would stay out of trouble. Later that night he was in an altercation outside of a club that ended with the shooting death of his best friend.

-Break for suspension- Goodell tells him that 8 games could be cut down to 6 is he stays out of trouble.

A few months back he was pulled over and then arrested at 3:30 in the morning in Arizona...

I don't there there is a light in there to turn on.

He's a thug.

I'm also going to laugh my ass off when the people who are using the phrase "Bellicheat" start trying to defend this ass-clown.

Have fun with that piece of garbage on your team.

I am torn with this signing. Just like TO, part of me wants the owners to make a stand and let these guys know that talent is important but character is too. I know that's kind of utopian but sooner or later the NFL is going to have to take a stand on this. However, IF this guy can find a way to keep his nose clean he may be just the right kind of guy to play Nose. You have to be a ruffneck to play Nose as your pounded on from all sides, all game long with little or no recognition. Maybe there is no light to turn on which really sickens me. The Cowboys have done an excelent job during the Parcell's era building a team with young, high character playmakers. I just hope we can continue with what he started. Make no mistake about it, the team is in the shape it's in because of Parcell's leadership and eye for talented good guys.......Thanks Bill, I hope they can keep it up despite this signing........

Edited by Cowboyz1

I am torn with this signing. Just like TO, part of me wants the owners to make a stand and let these guys know that talent is important but character is too. I know that's kind of utopian but sooner or later the NFL is going to have to take a stand on this. However, IF this guy can find a way to keep his nose clean he may be just the right kind of guy to play Nose. You have to be a ruffneck to play Nose as your pounded on from all sides, all game long with little or no recognition. Maybe there is no light to turn on which really sickens me. The Cowboys have done an excelent job during the Parcell's era building a team with young, high character playmakers. I just hope we can continue with what he started. Make no mistake about it, the team is in the shape it's in because of Parcell's leadership and eye for talented good guys.......Thanks Bill, I hope they can keep it up despite this signing........

Terrell Owens has never had any off the field problems, so I wouldn't put those two situations anywhere near each other. Owens is a loud mouth, but not a menace to society who needs to be incarcerated.

In a perfect world Johnson would be able to turn his life around and fulfill his potential... But history (Lawrence Phillips, Onterrio Smith and Koren Robinson come to mind) tells us that he'll probably screw up again.

Like Fasano and Carpenter? :D

What? Carpenter played well in the playoffs and Fasano is in Witten's shadow. They're not in the lineup because there's no room not because they can't play. Fasano blocks well and catches the ball well. Carpenter will get his chance but over who right now? I like the depth we have personally and I have confidence in both of them stepping in, in a pinch. They are both only 2nd year players with a great oppotunity to learn behind some pretty good starters and on a winning ball club. You watch, they will either be solid for us or solid for someone else for a price.

Terrell Owens has never had any off the field problems, so I wouldn't put those two situations anywhere near each other. Owens is a loud mouth, but not a menace to society who needs to be incarcerated.

In a perfect world Johnson would be able to turn his life around and fulfill his potential... But history (Lawrence Phillips, Onterrio Smith and Koren Robinson come to mind) tells us that he'll probably screw up again.

Sadly enough your probably right............

What? Carpenter played well in the playoffs and Fasano is in Witten's shadow. They're not in the lineup because there's no room not because they can't play. Fasano blocks well and catches the ball well. Carpenter will get his chance but over who right now? I like the depth we have personally and I have confidence in both of them stepping in, in a pinch. They are both only 2nd year players with a great oppotunity to learn behind some pretty good starters and on a winning ball club. You watch, they will either be solid for us or solid for someone else for a price.

Carpenter isn't playing because he can't play. He doesn't have it. Fasano was a curious pick because of the round and who was in front of him.

I don't think Carpenter has the talent to be solid for anyone, and I don't know many teams that covet a tight end like Fasano