[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Real Estate gurus

Big Country

:D:wacko::wacko::D Dude you are a piece of work. This is like trying to put a square block into a round hole so I give up. The last thing I'll say is this: it's a shame that you've obviously had issues with realtors, but that doesn't give you the right to trash them and drag the rest through the mud in generalities. Have a little class.

Cogent arguments will mean absolutely nothing to polk in this regard.

Could it be that because you have been in this business for so long you have lost perspective on what is moral? Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is right. I guess I have a different perspective on right and wrong.

So I guess every profession where commisions are involved is shady? May as well make that leap while we're generalizing... :D

I think that the proper perspective is this: There are shady people in the world. Some are lawyers, some are realtors, and some are surveyors, etc. There are also honest people in the world. Some are lawyers, some are realtors, and some are surveyors, etc.

I have been thinking about this introspectively. I believe that my occupation being based on total truthfulness and total disclosure of facts has altered my outlook on the rest of society. I am an agent of the court and most people are not.

I am not implying that all realtors are crooks but it has been my experience that if a realtor finds a good deal they buy it themselves. Therefore if they come to you with as good deal, it rarely is. That is the point i was trying to make.

I have never seen a one acre parcel misclose by 30 feet but then I have only looked at a few thousand of them.

I deal with attorneys, realtors, surveyors, and engineers on a daily basis. I can tell you that the real estate business is less biased and rooted in deception than than lawyering.

I've only looked at a few hundred, and yes, it did not close by 30 feet. This particular surveyor produces rotten work. There are bad apples in every bunch. Sorry.

Surveyors are supposed to report facts, real estate agents report enough facts to get the sale and make the commission. Sorry if that hurts but that is what house sellers do. They sell things. If there is something that they are required by law to say they will not say it if the thing will cause the deal to fail. Veyors report facts whether or not the deal goes through. it is actually illegal in Texas for a surveyor to work on the condition of a deal going through to get paid. This is true in most states.

Doesn't hurt me. :D I don't sell houses. I agree with you that surveyors are only suppoesd to report facts. I have happened to deal with a few who sometimes are careless and do not report all of the facts. I had a client who purchased a piece of property several years ago. Turns out that there was a 50 foot wide access easement through the middle of it, which whas not shown on his survey. Granted his lawyer did not pick up on it either, but the guy was left with a piece of property that was worth much less then he had anticipated. Again.....there are bad apples in every bunch.

Doesn't hurt me. :D I don't sell houses. I agree with you that surveyors are only suppoesd to report facts. I have happened to deal with a few who sometimes are careless and do not report all of the facts. I had a client who purchased a piece of property several years ago. Turns out that there was a 50 foot wide access easement through the middle of it, which whas not shown on his survey. Granted his lawyer did not pick up on it either, but the guy was left with a piece of property that was worth much less then he had anticipated. Again.....there are bad apples in every bunch.

Surveyors are not required to mark easements. They usually do but it is not a requirement.