[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Books on tape

Atlanta Cracker

I've been a member of audible.com for quite a while and especially enjoy listening to books via the Ipod on long trips. I've got a pretty long day of driving on Friday so was curious if anyone had any suggestions.

Probably my favorite so far is "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson

I also like the James Patterson books on tape as well.

Any other books you've read or listened to recently that may be worth a listen?

I've been a member of audible.com for quite a while and especially enjoy listening to books via the Ipod on long trips. I've got a pretty long day of driving on Friday so was curious if anyone had any suggestions.

Probably my favorite so far is "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson

I also like the James Patterson books on tape as well.

Any other books you've read or listened to recently that may be worth a listen?

I listen to a lot of book tapes. Bleachers and A painted house both by Grisham were entertaining. Both about 5 hours long.

I listen to a lot of book tapes. Bleachers and A painted house both by Grisham were entertaining. Both about 5 hours long.

I recently read "The Innocent Man" - very good book. I've read most of Grisham's stuff but never got into his more realistic ones like Bleachers or A Painted House. Perhaps listening to them would work. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Something else you might want to consider... I've got this one, and LOVE it!

Basically they are college lectures on CD. The one I've linked to is my favorite... Einstein's Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists.

I recently read "The Innocent Man" - very good book. I've read most of Grisham's stuff but never got into his more realistic ones like Bleachers or A Painted House. Perhaps listening to them would work. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

I like Grisham, but was getting bored with the Lawyer themes.

Thats why I really liked the books I listed. They were well written and had very good stories.

A bit old, but one of the only books on tape that I own...

Into Thin Air

by Jon Krakauer

If you haven't heard/read it, I recommend it.

If you could find A Confederacy of Dunces on tape, that would be entertaining...but would require a long trip.

Both oldies but goodies

A bit old, but one of the only books on tape that I own...

Into Thin Air

by Jon Krakauer

If you haven't heard/read it, I recommend it.

If you could find A Confederacy of Dunces on tape, that would be entertaining...but would require a long trip.

Both oldies but goodies

Into Thin Air was a fantastic book. My wife bought me the book tape. I need to find it and listen to it again.

Edited by Missoula Griz

Never heard it on tape, but it was a fantastic book.

My dad made it to 24,000 feet in May of 1971 on Everest. I was 6 years old at the time, and I remember if felt like he was gone for months.

He took so many pictures of the mountain and the people in Katmandu. Pretty cool memories.