[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm trying to get LJ

Marshy

As he's going to be very cheap at the moment, and he has a promising schedule.

However what is too much for him?

My RBs are currently: Frank Gore, Thomas Jones, Derrick Ward, Earnest Graham, Dominic Rhodes and Selvin Young.

I've offered Derrick Ward and Dominic Rhodes, could that even be too much for LJ given his current form?

If not what RB combination would you give for him?

:D

Edited by Marshy

If you can get him for Ward and Rhodes, I'd do it. Rhodes has yet to take a snap this year, Jordan seems to be back, Fargas showed he can look great with the new blocking scheme. I mean, everyone points to the fact that it was only Miami, but really, 150 yds in one quarter? I mean, they are an NFL D.

So to me, Rhodes is a total throw in. Ward could/should be sharing carries very soon.

I think, at this point, LJ straight up for Ward is a good chance to take and that's basically how I see this trade.

i wouldnt say gore has done all that much better than LJ. yes, he has 3 TDs...but not many yards, at all. SF looks worse than KC. At least KC has Gonzo and Bowe to attack downfield. it's a gamble to go for LJ, but it was also a gamble to draft gore. LJ has a history of greatness, gore had one great year. do the math, make the call and don't try to get him for the cheapest price. buy the ticket, take the ride.

Thanks for the advice, i'm just worried Ward will get more carries than i'm imagining even with Jacobs back.

Still, Ward over Thomas Jones to trade away?

I would hold on to Jones. I think if the Jets finally pull the plug on Pennington, Clemmons could help open up the field and Jones could have a nice 2nd half.

Edited by detlef

BTW, the price for LJ is likely to go up after he plays against a Cinci D who allows more fantasy points to RBs than all but 5 teams.

Exactly why i'm going to try and pry him away from his owner now!

I've put in the offer of Derrick Ward and Dominic Rhodes. The current owner is 0-5 so hopefully he thinks he needs to change something.

I'll let you know how it goes, or any counter offers.

There's a reason that I'm 1-4 and his name is LJ. But as an LJ owner, I'm not going to trade him now that I've gone through his preseason basically. I have a feeling (though that feeling may be desperation) that LJ is about to be that top 5 draft pick that he's supposed to be so I say if you can get, now's the time.

regardless of your record, we're 1/3 of the way through the season and now is the time to make a trade and either a) look like a genius or :D look like a fool. LJ won't come cheap after Sunday (fingers crossed, I just traded Gore&Heap for LJ&Cooley&Curry)....