[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why no cheerleaders at baseball games?

Missoula Griz

Reading the cheerleader post and I was thinking why dont they have cheerleaders at baseball games? You got them at football and basketball games.

As slow as baseball is at times, I would appreciate the opportunity to check out a cheerleader now and again.

Your thoughts?

First, the whole field is in play. A foul ball can be caught anywhere that a player can reach it, so this could be a problem. Second, I imagine that having a situation where line drives rip through the squad as they are trying to get into their pyramid (or doing whatever) would not go over well. Third, it could be used as a distraction to opposing hitters, whether through the performance itself ( :D ) or by an organization essentially having paid hecklers on the sideline while the opposition is hitting.

Cheerleading and baseball will never mix.

First, the whole field is in play. A foul ball can be caught anywhere that a player can reach it, so this could be a problem. Second, I imagine that having a situation where line drives rip through the squad as they are trying to get into their pyramid (or doing whatever) would not go over well. Third, it could be used as a distraction to opposing hitters, whether through the performance itself ( :D ) or by an organization essentially having paid hecklers on the sideline while the opposition is hitting.

Cheerleading and baseball will never mix.

ok. so.....here's an idea. get rid of the bat boy; hire attractive bat chicks in tiny shorts.

ok. so.....here's an idea. get rid of the bat boy; hire attractive bat chicks in tiny shorts.

:D If you put the Huddle on the job, many of the worlds problems would go away. Well, at least we'd be able to take care of stuff like this.