[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

faux painting, wood panelling, etc

muck

The wood walls are coming down!

I took out the two bookcases tonight and about 10% of the wood on the walls.

Who wants to come over and help me hang sheetrock tomorrow or Sunday? I'll provide all the beer and pizza (or BBQ) ... just let me know what you want before you get here. Oh, and you (and/or your kids) can fish in our pond and keep whatever you catch -- bass, catfish, perch.

Edited by muck

The wood walls are coming down!

I took out the two bookcases tonight and about 10% of the wood on the walls.

Who wants to come over and help me hang sheetrock tomorrow or Sunday? I'll provide all the beer and pizza (or BBQ) ... just let me know what you want before you get here. Oh, and you (and/or your kids) can fish in our pond and keep whatever you catch -- bass, catfish, perch.

(note to self: don't answer the phone today)

Hauled it into the house yesterday afternoon ... unpacked a couple of boxes ... some planks are ~7ft long ... I'm pretty pumped about how it's going to look, too!

Still have two walls to pull the wood off of ... then sheet rock goes up ... about 2/3 of the carpet and pad are already out of the house ... need to pull up tack-strips and the staples that held the pad down. THEN, I can start laying the floor. I'm hopeful that I can have the floor laid before 11/11 (or the 18th at the outside).

The rest of the carpet and pad are out and all the tack-strips are up. The panelling is out of the living room and stacked neatly in the garage awaiting sale or use as kindling (we don't have gas starters on our wood burning fireplaces).

Sheetrock was hung by yours truly on Saturday and Sunday (my shoulders are talking to me). Wife did the first round of mudding. Sanding and a second round to ensue. Primer hopefully on Wednesday. First coat of paint on Thursday. Second coat on Friday. Floors to get laid starting Saturday afternoon and hopefully finished before I go to bed on Sunday (including moving the furniture back into the living room).

I'm really pumped about the progress we're making.

Edited by muck