[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is a bit of a ballsy move...playing this week without a kicker

SpinalTapp

My team

Brady

LT

APeterson (MN)

KJones

Plax

Cal Johnson (TO on bye)

Gates

NO KICKER

Pats DST

His team

Kitna (vs bears)

Maroney (vs skins)

Chatman (vs giants)

DFoster (vs Indy)

Holt (vs CLE)

Colston (vs SF)

J.King (vs Indy)

MCrosby (kicker)

Vikings D (vs Philly)

My kicker, NFolk, is on a bye. I do not want to cut him under any circumstance. My other cut options are C.Henry (WR), Ricky Williams, or Vernon Davis. Right now, I would cut Ricky if I had to cut one of these guys - the other two will be playing in the league this year and contributing. Keep in mind, I do play in a keeper league. If Ricky got his shiznit together, he would be a great keeper for next year - so I am a bit hesitant to drop him, or any of these guys for that matter.

I am in a 12 team league and my squad is 6-1 with a three game lead in my division. I think I can win this week pretty easily without my kicker playing, allowing me to keep Ricky, Chris, and Vernon on my squad. What would you do:

1.Cut Ricky? Chris or Vernon?

2. Play without a kicker becuse you also believe I can win without one.....I would be pissed if I cut one of these guys and the kicker I pick up goes for four points.

Thanks.

If you cut Ricky would you be able to get him back? I think you could win without a kicker, but personally I don't like to roll the dice like that. Even if you take the loss you look like you should be able to keep your lead on the division. So I guess don't get a kicker and see what happens. Worse case is you only have a 2 game lead. Good luck!!

See mine on WR and DEF issues.

in our league, kickers score between 7 - 11 points on average - same as most flex players in a 12 man league. If I hold what I got rather than pick up a kicker, I will be playing eight men vs nine and giving up between 7 - 11 points. So, yes, I would say that was a pretty risky move considering most teams only score 100 pts per week.

In my league you get a -15 points for not having a played to play at each position each week. Injuries are fine, but not bye weeks. You need to post a full roster each week, plain and simple. Just a rule we have to keep the FA money pool (each move costs) "stocked" or to make sure folks keep a full roster.

I'd say if no penalty, go for as it's only a kicker. Sure would suck to lose by 3 points though!!

I get to keep four players from this years roster. However, I can only keep players that were drafted in the fourth rounder or later. Because I had four, fourth round picks, and because a number of studs slipped into the fourth round, my top keeper candidates are:

T.Brady

A.Gates

K.Jones

M.Turner (if he gets a starting job elsewhere)

Cal.Johnson

C.Henry, Vernon Davis, Ricky are at the next tier with the Pats DST

RIcky could possibly (but not likely) move into this group - or - more importantly, I could package him in a deal with another owner that had no RB keeper prospects.

Perhaps the best move IS, as you suggest SL, to cut Ricky and pick up a kicker. Then, when other owners are scrambling to grab Ricky and Priest off waivers this week, take the best available RB/WR.

I wouldn't keep a roster spot empty - you just never know what will happen. If I was set on not dropping Ricky, I'd drop Folk. I guess it depends what matters more, this year or next.

What are the chances someone will pick him up on a bye week? Even if so, there must be other options on the wire.

I will be picking up Jeff Reed as my kicker this week if I drop a player. He has had a pretty good year. But Folk has been crazy consistent - putting up 9 pts or more five of seven weeks thus far - I would hate to give him up. However, that IS my other play here. Cut Folk, keep RIcky, and take my chances with Reed or whatever other kicker I find on the wire for the rest of the year.

Um, keeping Ricky Williams is not a long term strategy. In my mind he has less value than Priest Holmes. Both were great but won't be in the future.

You should kill that team wihtout a kicker but stranger things have happened this year.