[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Led Zeppelin

Brentastic

Led Zep is definitely my favorite band of all time, but my hubby is trying to ruin this for me--he said that he heard on the Howard Stern show that Led Zep stole songs from old folk singers and claimed them as their own?!

I just said I really didn't care, the songs probably weren't copyrighted anyway, and it make no difference to me.

We have that 2-disc LZ DVD--I love watching Plant in those tight plants & long blonde hair--yeah, I'm an LZ groupie!!

I think you and my husband would really get along--music-wise, he likes obscure, non main-stream music. He loves Stereo Lab, Catherine Wheel--though not so mainstream now....I agree w/ him. There's a few bands in the alternative genre we've been listening to for a while now, Muse, The Killers, Silversun Pickups, Yeah YeahYeahs to name a few.

Miles Davis, Jamiroquoi (sp?) he loves also

Ok, I'm rambling, Bye!

Led Zep is definitely my favorite band of all time, but my hubby is trying to ruin this for me--he said that he heard on the Howard Stern show that Led Zep stole songs from old folk singers and claimed them as their own?!

I just said I really didn't care, the songs probably weren't copyrighted anyway, and it make no difference to me.

We have that 2-disc LZ DVD--I love watching Plant in those tight plants & long blonde hair--yeah, I'm an LZ groupie!!

Well, from what I understand, Zep did steal a few blues songs and called them their own - but I don't hold it against them. They were an incredibly innovative band during a time where innovation was everywhere - they may have stole a few blues tunes but they certainly played them their own way. This is nothing new in music though - people steal riffs/licks (whatever you want to call it) and nobody notices because it's only part of the whole. Regardless, Zep was ahead of their time and the chemistry/musicianship was magical.

Well, from what I understand, Zep did steal a few blues songs and called them their own - but I don't hold it against them. They were an incredibly innovative band during a time where innovation was everywhere - they may have stole a few blues tunes but they certainly played them their own way. This is nothing new in music though - people steal riffs/licks (whatever you want to call it) and nobody notices because it's only part of the whole. Regardless, Zep was ahead of their time and the chemistry/musicianship was magical.

exactly...music and trends go in cycles....but change little by little over time...kind of like the game "whisper down the lane"....usually what the originator said is altered in some way by the time it gets back around again....

plus...music in the past 20 years or so is based on copycats and going with what sells and especially nowadays where they are afraid to go against the grain because the people controlling what gets put out are neurotic and seem to be afraid of change...

but I have a feeling that this change I speak of is finally coming...

• 3 years later...

UPDATE 04.02.2011 - sorry I never mailed out the discs as promised. I received a lot of PMs and just kept putting this off. However, 3.5 years later I have now uploaded this show to a file hosting site where you can all download it for free. I uploaded this show personally, so you don't have to worry about any viruses and such. I zipped it in RAR format, so if you' don't have the rar program, you will need to get that first to extract the files. It's free and totally safe - http://www.win-rar.com/website/index.php?L=0

Highlights of the show are:

"As Long as I Have You Medley" (CD-1.03) and "How Many More Times Medley" (CD-2.01)

Led Zeppelin 04-27-1969 Filmore West

• 3 weeks later...