[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams Reinstated

Stalking_Eagle

I am so set for the playoffs this year. I cant believe I landed the starting RB tandem of Priest Holmes and Ricky Williams. I will be unstoppable with these guys. I am playing with a bunch of morons. I picked these two off the waiver wire!

;o)

Edited by SpinalTapp

Wondering...do you really think he will have value this year...or are you leaning more towards next year.......I cant see why the Fins wouldnt play him at least a bit even though he has been out.....and anyone looks like they can run behind the line. Firt Ronnie, now Jesse, maybe Ricky.....

Joey Porter , volunteered when asked Wednesday if he would welcome Williams into the sanctum of the locker room.

''Yeah I would. We're 0-9,'' Porter said. `` I'd welcome bin Laden if he could run the ball like Ricky did.'' :D

Source: Williams OK to practice, will play

The much-anticipated meeting between Cam Cameron and Ricky Williams apparently went off without a hitch this morning and the running back has been told he can begin practicing and will be used in games this season.

It is unclear if Williams will practice today -- even on a limited basis. He missed the start of practice today. He can begin practicing no later than Monday. He is able to play starting the Nov. 26 game at Pittsburgh and the Dolphins apparently have plans to use him as early as then, but certainly in the season's final five games.

This is good news for the Dolphins because they will be able to evaluated him to determine if they want to keep Williams for 2008 or trade him in the offseason.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/

From Rotoworld:

Ricky Williams' contract with Miami runs through 2008.

The deal he originally signed would've ended in 2007 with a base salary of $720,000, so there was some confusion about where he stood after being out of the game for one and a half years. The Dolphins will be able to trade him in the offseason if they so choose. It's uncertain whether the some $7 million Williams owes the club could affect its decision to part ways with him.

Source: Palm Beach Post

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/314498.html

Posted on Tue, Nov. 20, 2007

Ricky 'surprised himself' on field

BY JEFF DARLINGTON

It didn't come with any fireworks or fanfare.

It didn't even come with an inaugural practice or a meeting, which also makes good sense since it would be tough to convince anyone that there is anything ''inaugural'' about Ricky Williams' return.

But on the first official day back with the Dolphins, the controversial running back still took the field for a workout that surprised even himself, his agent said Monday. Although there was no formal practice, Williams was one of several players who did some voluntary work.

''His speed is there,'' agent Leigh Steinberg told The Miami Herald after speaking with Williams earlier Monday. ``I guess he surprised himself in how well he cut and move, and his burst and all that was excellent. Of course, the concept of football shape and lasting for hours is still something that no player gets back until they played.''

That opportunity could come as soon as the Dolphins' upcoming appearance on Monday Night Football against the Steelers next week. Williams will be available if coach Cam Cameron decides to activate him, something he wasn't yet ready to discuss.

A day after the Dolphins lost their 10th game of the season in a 17-7 defeat by the Eagles, Cameron said he still wanted to evaluate Williams during the team's first full practice of the week.

Because the upcoming Monday Night Football game has caused an abnormal schedule, Cameron said the team didn't hold its typical light workout Monday. Some players still voluntarily did some work, he said.

Still, it wasn't enough to evaluate whether Williams will play Monday.

''We haven't even practiced yet,'' Cameron said. ``I think that might be a question for down the road a little bit. When it's a guy I haven't seen practice yet and still the conditioning is a question and those kinds of things, I probably can answer that later on in the week.''

When Williams officially weighed in with the team Monday, he was 231 pounds, reportedly. That's 18 pounds more than his weight during the 2005 season.

During his first public appearance last Wednesday, most of the added bulk appeared to be upper-body muscle. However, until Monday's workout, Williams had yet to prove the extra weight was the right type to deem him in ``football shape.''

He'll still need the week's practice to prove that, but Williams told Steinberg he at least seemed to be doing some good things during the informal session Monday.

''He said he was cutting really well and catching really well,'' Steinberg said. ``His overall stamina probably isn't 100 percent. But that will come back.''

The Dolphins were given a two-week roster exemption for Williams, meaning the team won't have to cut anyone until he is activated for a game. When that day comes, it also is significant to his contract status.

With two years remaining on his contract, Williams must play this year in order to make this season count as a full year against that contract. In that case, he would then become a free agent after next season, which could then cause the Dolphins to also free him from the $8.6 million debt currently held against him for his 2004 retirement.

Williams will make $35,000 each game this year if and when he is activated. That number is derived from a prorated portion of his $595,000 annual salary for 2007.