[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS?!? Favre or Romo

mike123

Romo at home. Favre hasn't done well in the past at Dallas. The only fear with Romo is that he grew up a Favre fan in Wisconsin and could be awe-struck....or it could work to his favor if he wants to show up his childhood hero. I think I would go with Romo though.

Romo being awe-struck is not going to happen as the guy is very level-headed and focused on what needs to be done. However, I'd be playing Favre over Romo as I think that the Cowboys will be able to slow down the Green Bay running attack and the Packers will have to rely on Favre to do the heavy lifting. I also think that with the Packers 5-Wide /spread-out look can exploit the Dallas secondary as long as Favre gets some time. Whereas, the Dallas rushing attack should have some success and they'll want to run the ball in order to keep Favre on the sidelines. The Dallas running attack should aslo be able to punch in a TD whereas I don't think the Packers running game will have such luck and any TDs scored will be via Brett's arm.

See mine. Thanks.

Edited by irish

Romo being awe-struck is not going to happen as the guy is very level-headed and focused on what needs to be done...

Actually, I think it could be a huge factor. While Romo is having a great year, he is certainly susceptible to choking, as he did in the playoffs last year. He is still a young QB, and has a very real possibility of being rattled if Favre comes out hot.

Actually, I think it could be a huge factor. While Romo is having a great year, he is certainly susceptible to choking, as he did in the playoffs last year. He is still a young QB, and has a very real possibility of being rattled if Favre comes out hot.

First of all, Romo doesn't get rattled and won't be during this HUGE matchup. The second thing is Romo didn't choke last year, the ball was snapped and it was slick, it slipped through his hands end of story. In fact he didn't just lay down and the play was over, he got up and almost picked up the 1st down.

Both Favre and Romo are great options to have this or any week. I just give Favre the slight edge because of the reasons mentioned above.

First of all, Romo doesn't get rattled and won't be during this HUGE matchup. The second thing is Romo didn't choke last year, the ball was snapped and it was slick, it slipped through his hands end of story. In fact he didn't just lay down and the play was over, he got up and almost picked up the 1st down.

Both Favre and Romo are great options to have this or any week. I just give Favre the slight edge because of the reasons mentioned above.

You're right, I forgot he is Tony MontanaElwayMarinoUnitasStarr Romo. Give me a break, he doesn't get rattled? EVERY quarterback in the NFL gets rattled. Choke, didn't choke...either way, the outcome was still a loss. Personally, I think he choked a very simple play that is run a thousand times at practice, rain or shine.

I do agree you can't go wrong week in and week out with Favre or Romo. And although I can't stand The Dallas Cowboys, I think the the better start this is Romo at home, but we will find out tomorrow.

Romo at home. Favre hasn't done well in the past at Dallas. The only fear with Romo is that he grew up a Favre fan in Wisconsin and could be awe-struck....or it could work to his favor if he wants to show up his childhood hero. I think I would go with Romo though.

Guys, Tony grew up less than 5 miles from my house. He wasn't a huge Favre fan growing up. Actually, Tony was a basketball nut. He grew up idolizing Michael Jordan and he really was more of an Elway fan than a Favre fan when it comes to football.

Don't get me wrong, he's still going to be playing against a Hall of Famer, so i'm sure he'll be nervous. I just don't thing the "out playing his hero" argument will work in this case.

Solo