[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PS3 Owners

Avernus

Just in case you don't know or aren't aware of Firmware upgrades ...(in case you don't hook your PS3 to the internet much, if at all)...

there will be a firmware upgrade tomorrow which I highly suggest you get.....

if you have any questions, just respond or whatever...

Edited by Avernus

what's it do?

- Voice Changer :wacko:

- Music settings. Bitmapping. :D

- Video:

- DivX (not in divx3.11 though), VC-1(wmv) (you have to enable wma playback in the system settings in order to be able to play wmvs)

- BluRay 1.1

- BluRay Disc Settings Tool added. I guess it's related to the new options 1.1 allows.

the last 3 will enable you to watch more umm...unethical formats of movies :D

the rest will upgrade the Blu-ray player so it's up to speed and as current as the new ones...it's very important..

I'd like to see the ability to play music while playing a game...it's supposed to happen at some point..

Thanks avernus! :D Doesn't it search for updates when you turn it on? I know when I got mine, the first thing it did was search for an update, but maybe that's just a setup thing.

BTW, I copied a new Theme to a thumb drive, but the PS3 doesn't see it. Suggestions?

Thanks avernus! :D Doesn't it search for updates when you turn it on? I know when I got mine, the first thing it did was search for an update, but maybe that's just a setup thing.

BTW, I copied a new Theme to a thumb drive, but the PS3 doesn't see it. Suggestions?

did you do it through the umm area where you change settings and resolution etc?

did you do it through the umm area where you change settings and resolution etc?

Still a PS3 newb, not sure what umm means, but according to the sight I dl'd the theme from, it said to copy to a thumb drive, put in a folder called Theme, and copy it to the PS3. But the PS3 doesn't even see the thumb. Not a biggie, but I'd like to change it.

Still a PS3 newb, not sure what umm means, but according to the sight I dl'd the theme from, it said to copy to a thumb drive, put in a folder called Theme, and copy it to the PS3. But the PS3 doesn't even see the thumb. Not a biggie, but I'd like to change it.

yeah the sections broken up into photo's/music/movies/games etc..

the 2nd group from the left...there is a section where you can add a theme...I don't have my PS3 right here so I can't check...

I just recently changed my theme and that's where I did it...I can probably provide more info later on in the day..

edit: go here http://www.plays3.ru/img/ps3_xmb.jpg it's the suitcase thing at the very left in the picture....2 over to the left from the music area..

Edited by Avernus

yeah the sections broken up into photo's/music/movies/games etc..

the 2nd group from the left...there is a section where you can add a theme...I don't have my PS3 right here so I can't check...

I just recently changed my theme and that's where I did it...I can probably provide more info later on in the day..

edit: go here http://www.plays3.ru/img/ps3_xmb.jpg it's the suitcase thing at the very left in the picture....2 over to the left from the music area..

Here's the instructions I found and I missed a step: :D

* Download the .p3t file for the theme you

want to install.

* Get an USB pen (or external HD) and create the directory

PS3.

* Inside the PS3 directory create another one

called THEME.

* Copy the .p3t file into PS3/THEME on the

pen.

* Insert the pen on the PlayStation 3 and turn

it on.

* Go to Settings - Theme settings - Theme

and click Install.

* Look for the theme inside the pen and

install it.

* Go to Settings - Theme Settings - Theme,

pick the theme and click apply.

Thanks for the info!

I vote that we pin all the important ps3 threads. I just picked mine up for my boy and starting very soon I am sure that I will be poking all through these things.

+1

:D Big John....... Please.... :D

I vote that we pin all the important ps3 threads. I just picked mine up for my boy and starting very soon I am sure that I will be poking all through these things.

it would be annoying to have every ps3 thread pinned, but it sure would be nice if the word "ps3" was searchable by the POS search engine.

anyway. my system wanted to run the update itself last night when i turned it on. took about 10 minutes for it to download and install, now it's done.

it would be annoying to have every ps3 thread pinned, but it sure would be nice if the word "ps3" was searchable by the POS search engine.

anyway. my system wanted to run the update itself last night when i turned it on. took about 10 minutes for it to download and install, now it's done.

guess if we want it to be searchable we will need to write sonyps3 or something like that

edit: i just created a SonyPS3 important links thread

Edited by keggerz