[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone ever dealt with prostate cancer?

SF409ers

My dad had his removed in 1994. The next winter his PSA went back up and did three months of radiation. Ever since he has been clean of cancer. The main thing is this sounds like it was caught early. Cancer in the Lymph system is deadly since it can then spread to the rest of the body and that is why early detection is so very important. It is a peaches by the bucketty time to find out about it, but the good news is he should be just fine. He will be included in my christmas prayers.

I would like to first just say how humbled and grateful I am for all the positive thoughts and prayers everyone sent. My dad will have his prostate surgery on Feb 13th. I guess they won’t know exactly how far the cancer has spread till they operate so hopefully it stays localized in the prostate; if it does he has a pretty good chance for a “full” recovery.

CD’s comment came to mind when we were in the Dr.’s office and I started laughing to myself thinking, “Well this guy does have kind of small hands”, that has to make things a little easier :D I needed that laugh, thanks.

Anyhow, at this point there is nothing to do now but wait for Feb and just keep praying. I again want to thank everyone for praying for and sending positive thoughts to me and my family even though you don’t know me at all. I believe in the power of prayer and know that this will help. I hope to update in Feb with good news.

Happy Holiday’s to everyone and thanks again I truly appreciate it!!

My dad will have his prostate surgery on Feb 13th.

I'm not faulting you or the doctors in any way, but I'm curious why the surgery isn't being scheduled sooner. We're talking about cancer here.

I'm not faulting you or the doctors in any way, but I'm curious why the surgery isn't being scheduled sooner. We're talking about cancer here.

I had the same question. The doctor said he only does surgery on tuesday's and wednesday's and that the beginning of Feb would be the earliest he could get him in, he also did not seem concerned about the wait time. The doctor's office said they had to coordinate with the hospital as well for the date and time. If it was my choice or my dad's we would do it tomorrow. I hope we are not getting jerked around.

Another thing he did not seem to concerned about was that my dad has a condition call ankylosing spondylitis which I think can make getting a general anesthesia difficult. He gave us the # to the anesthesiologists office and they said they will get back to him to discuss this. He also has to get a "medical release" from his general MD, take blood and do some other things before he can have surgery. I am not sure about any of this just trying to go with the flow and keep everything on track. I just pray it all works out and that the time will be on our side. Again the Dr. did not seem concerned about the time and I would hope that if he thought the wait time would make a difference he would have gotten him in sooner. Man this all just sucks!!!!!