[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santa Claus

Missoula Griz

I was just wondering when do most children figure out who Santa really is?

I dont really remember when my son figured it out, but I am sure my 7 year old

daughter still thinks Santa is the one who puts some gifts around the tree on Christmas

eve.

What about your children? Do you still have them fooled?

I don't think my 3 year old son is convinced yet. Perhaps once he sees the gifts Christmas morning this year. Then he can be devastated when some kid on the school bus tells him it's all a joke.

I don't remember exactly when I figured it out because my parents told me that "Once you stop believing he stops coming." So I sort of went out of my way not to find out for sure.

My wife has a pretty funny story about when she found out. She got into an argument with some kid about Santa being real. I think she was in the 4th grade or so and she told her mom about it.

my wife, "Can you believe that this boy said Santa isn't real?"

her mom, "Honey, we need to talk."

my wife., "You mean he ISN'T real?"

her mom, "No dear, mommy and daddy buy the gifts and put them out."

my wife, "But, but, but the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are real aren't they ?" :D

My son is almost 8 and is starting to ask lots of questions, I think this is his last year.... :D My daughter is 6 so I hope it doesn't get ruined early for her.

When they were writing a letter to Santa this year my son asked for a Nintendo DS... when I told him that it may be to expensive for Santa to bring; he looked at me like I was a complete idiot and told me, "Santa doesn't have to pay for stuff his elves build it for him!" So Santa's "Asian elves" ended up building 2 more Nintendo DS's... his sister piped in that she wanted one to!

When they were writing a letter to Santa this year my son asked for a Nintendo DS... when I told him that it may be to expensive for Santa to bring; he looked at me like I was a complete idiot and told me, "Santa doesn't have to pay for stuff his elves build it for him!"

My best friend's Dad was a Dentist and made quite a bit more scratch than my parents did when I was growing up. Needless to say his Santa haul each year was always significantly more than mine. I was never really jealous because I got the main stuff I wanted but it was confusing.

Once I started asking those questions my parents response was that: "Well, the parents have to leave money for Santa to pay for the gifts so that's why some people get more than others." I guess I never really bought the whole elves making all the toys for every child in the world (though Santa somehow seemed plausible) but I suppose you could say you had to cover the cost of supplies and labor... I even remember my parents leaving out an envelope with a check in it by the cookies we left for Santa.... Man what fun memories.