[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston

Gonkis

I spent two days on business in Houston. I'd never been to Texas, born in Pittsburgh and raised in Michigan, I guess I'm a yankee. Most of my traveling has been Europe and the midwest. However, I have to say the people I dealt with in Houston are some of the nicest I've met. I am bit concerned about the health of the male population in Texas. I think the only reason Texas is not considered in the survey's of the fattest states is because the women are thin. The men are big. Admittedly it's a small sample, but 75% of the guys I dealt with are more on the obese side. Great guys, but... :D

Spent most of my time in Deer Park, the refinery's lining the waterway are impressive. Ate lunch at Pappa's seafood, good stuff. Dinner was at Vic and Anthony's downtown. Makes Morton's of Chicago seem ike a Ponderosa. Great food and drink.

Knew I wouldn't have time to meet other huddlers, maybe next time I'll announce it and buy everyone a beer. Not sure who's local to that area, but it's a nice city.

One last thing, I thought there were a lot of pickup trucks driven in Michigan... :D

I'm not sure if it is now but a couple years ago it was the fattest city in America and that's saying something.

That explains it. I, obviously, didn't look, but thought it was always MIchigan, Wisconsin, etc. 3 of the guys I deal with are in real trouble. cholesterol, joint issues. 6'3" is great, but 350+ is gonna kill ya. A couple are older (mid-60's) and I love 'em, but they're at a grear risk.

I spent two days on business in Houston. I'd never been to Texas, born in Pittsburgh and raised in Michigan, I guess I'm a yankee. Most of my traveling has been Europe and the midwest. However, I have to say the people I dealt with in Houston are some of the nicest I've met. I am bit concerned about the health of the male population in Texas. I think the only reason Texas is not considered in the survey's of the fattest states is because the women are thin. The men are big. Admittedly it's a small sample, but 75% of the guys I dealt with are more on the obese side. Great guys, but... :wacko:

Spent most of my time in Deer Park, the refinery's lining the waterway are impressive. Ate lunch at Pappa's seafood, good stuff. Dinner was at Vic and Anthony's downtown. Makes Morton's of Chicago seem ike a Ponderosa. Great food and drink.

Knew I wouldn't have time to meet other huddlers, maybe next time I'll announce it and buy everyone a beer. Not sure who's local to that area, but it's a nice city.

One last thing, I thought there were a lot of pickup trucks driven in Michigan... :D

Deer Park? Do your clothes still smell?

From my observations, native Houstonians are a bit on the chunky side, yankee transplants aren't.

My son drives a pickup, :D Hey, he's a native. :D (but not fat)

If all you saw was Deer Park and downtown you missed 95% of the city.

Oh, and I like beer.

Yep, about half the cars on the road are pickups and SUVs down there.

I imagine that the horrible heat/humidity of Houston summers that keeps everybody indoors and the endless supply of awesome barbecue and Mexican is what keeps the guys pudgy.