[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My little local band has a chance to play on a national bill

piratesownninjas

So some of you guys know that I’m in a band. I’ve been playing music since I was 13 years old. I rarely, if ever have come to these boards asking people to listen to my band, or come to shows… I try to stay away from the band whoring thing at all costs. One of my projects is finally getting a chance to play on a huge show, but in order to make it to the final 20 bands that a judge will then decide on, we’ll have to be voted there…

Basically we're up against other local bands in the Dallas area... We need votes to be considered.

I just wanted to ask if at all possible for you huddlers to at least consider registering and potentially putting in a vote for my band to play this show. My band doesn’t write radio hits, and we’re not pretty… We’re just musicians who take songwriting seriously… We’re going up against a bunch of pretty boys and people who are “making music” to get chicks… Needless to say, that the cards are stacked against us because of myspace, and the whole not being prettyboys thing…

I figure if anyone out there would take any notice, it might be my fellow huddlers…

If you are so inclined, you can put a vote in here http://dtoc.battleofthebands.com/Redefine

Thanks guys…

-PON

Edited by piratesownninjas

Isn't Atreyu on this package? One of my favorite bands right now.

Also, love your song. :D Would like to hear some more for sure.

Good luck PON.

Yeah, they're headlining the event... It would be awesome to play it for sure, but I know it's a long shot... Thanks for the compliment though, I appreciate it.

You know... I was kidding about the whole Train thing, I was just trying to think of the band that would offend PON the most.

But... that was actually a pretty damn good version of that song. :wacko:

Yeah, I have a deep seeded hatred for Train, so you that was a nice choice...