[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good movie

muck

Gone Baby Gone

Ben Afflecks first movie as director. Stars his kid brother, Casey, Morgan Freeman and Ed Harris.

Subject matter makes my skin crawl (child abduction); handled very well. Lots to talk about when its over.

Grade = A-

Gone Baby Gone

Ben Afflecks first movie as director. Stars his kid brother, Casey, Morgan Freeman and Ed Harris.

Subject matter makes my skin crawl (child abduction); handled very well. Lots to talk about when its over.

Grade = A-

we just watched it this weekend, too. one of those movies that makes you want to go wake up your kid(s) for a hug. and yeah, one of those films that prompts serious discussion, which i like. my wife and i argued about whether

casey affleck's character should've made the call to police at the end. she said he shouldn't have. i saw why he did it, and i liked that he did because i thought it stayed true to his character. but i also argued that he shouldn't have been in that position in the first place -- i was more angry that morgan freeman's and ed harris' characters couldn't find a solution that didn't involve illegally kidnapping the child.

decent flick, great cast and the acting was strong, but I was disappointed, too many holes as it went along, and eventually ended.

Overall, good premise, and I thought it started strong, and slowly fell apart as it went along.

SPOILERS..............................................

- so, the girl is supposedly seen falling into the quarry- yet there is no suspicion that they never find a body?

- maybe I am wrong, but just was not believable to me that a woman would not think it was not the right thing to do to return an abducted baby to it's mother - dude runs sround trying to do the right thing, she is proud of him all along, he does the right thing in thing in the end when he finds the girl, yet she leaves him over that??? right.................................

- The dude deserved it, but evidently citizens can execute someone at point blank range, yet spend no time in the clink or at least have to have an investigation into the shooting.....

- A veteran detective busts into the bar with a mask and a shotgun - that scene was beyond stupid

dunno, decent flick, but overrated IMO