[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone have Dish Network?

Avernus

If you're a HD :wacko: like myself, this is the 1st HD only package I've seen since Zoom was offering their own service...

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_pro...fer/index.shtml

I'm going to pay 40.99 for 2 HD DVR Tuners and 40 channels of only HD programing which includes locals and what is included in the package is all I pretty much watch anyways...and if you have kids, they have a family package you can add for 19.99 and the installation is free, the DVR's are free and no extra charges like the one's Comcast has been killing me on....

Comcast wouldn't dare offer a package like this and I am going to jump ship even though they pretty much own local sports except for the Eagles obviously, so I'm fine with that...

not to mention they are in negotiations with adding more HD channels within the next couple of months....I would definitely check this out if you're tired of getting hosed....the activation fee is also waived if you sign a 2 year agreement, but it's only 49.99....

Edited by Avernus

I have DTV and love the satellite. Time Warner stinks and I will never go back to cable. I hear DISH is pretty good as well and the package they are offering is certainly worth giving them a try. However, I would pay the $50 activition fee as your commitment would only be 1 year and if you are not pleased with the price and the service, you could either go back to Comcast with a sweatheart deal for the first 12 months or over to DTV.

I've had DISH for about 3 yrs. Sometimes I love it, othertimes I am ready to tell them what to do with it. Here are a few problems I have encountered. When I first got it the DISH it was installed on my roof. It did not have a clear line of site to the satillite but I did not know that at the time. When I had a new roof installed I would not let them reinstall it on my new roof. I insisted on them mounting it to a pole. After 3 different guys came out one of them finally had a half of brain. He told me my best line of site would be to install it near the garage on a pole. He had to dig a 20 foot trench to do it. I figure the other guys were just to lazy, thats why they said the best place was my roof. If you do not get a good line of site it will cause the picture to go out, esp during bad weather.

Another problem I have had is even though I took out insurance at $5 a month they still want to charge for service calls. It seems every charge is going to be $99. I told them I was not going to pay it and to cancel my service. Each time they "waived" the fee. NEVER let them charge you to fix their equipment.

Most of the time its a pain to have to call them. They always try to get you to have the computer answer your questions and try to resolve problems. I learned to bypass that but you usually have to wait for a while to speak to someone.

I am not sure if I would get it again. I figure the other satillete companies and cable companies are about the same so you have to deal with someone.

I do get a good picture.

I've had DISH for about 3 yrs. Sometimes I love it, othertimes I am ready to tell them what to do with it. Here are a few problems I have encountered. When I first got it the DISH it was installed on my roof. It did not have a clear line of site to the satillite but I did not know that at the time. When I had a new roof installed I would not let them reinstall it on my new roof. I insisted on them mounting it to a pole. After 3 different guys came out one of them finally had a half of brain. He told me my best line of site would be to install it near the garage on a pole. He had to dig a 20 foot trench to do it. I figure the other guys were just to lazy, thats why they said the best place was my roof. If you do not get a good line of site it will cause the picture to go out, esp during bad weather.

Another problem I have had is even though I took out insurance at $5 a month they still want to charge for service calls. It seems every charge is going to be $99. I told them I was not going to pay it and to cancel my service. Each time they "waived" the fee. NEVER let them charge you to fix their equipment.

Most of the time its a pain to have to call them. They always try to get you to have the computer answer your questions and try to resolve problems. I learned to bypass that but you usually have to wait for a while to speak to someone.

I am not sure if I would get it again. I figure the other satillete companies and cable companies are about the same so you have to deal with someone.

I do get a good picture.

the only drawback I have ..as I said is the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies...but I usually am not home when I watch them anyways...

the deal they offered was great, plus they are adding more HD channels real soon at no extra cost..

hopefully I am in line with a decent view of the satellite...and I am going to look into getting the 1 yr committment...maybe changing my service...

I've had DISH for about 3 yrs. Sometimes I love it, othertimes I am ready to tell them what to do with it. Here are a few problems I have encountered. When I first got it the DISH it was installed on my roof. It did not have a clear line of site to the satillite but I did not know that at the time. When I had a new roof installed I would not let them reinstall it on my new roof. I insisted on them mounting it to a pole. After 3 different guys came out one of them finally had a half of brain. He told me my best line of site would be to install it near the garage on a pole. He had to dig a 20 foot trench to do it. I figure the other guys were just to lazy, thats why they said the best place was my roof. If you do not get a good line of site it will cause the picture to go out, esp during bad weather. I had this same exact problem and had to call 3 times over the first few years before i finally got a tech who knew what he was doing and i havn't lost my signal in over 2 years.

Another problem I have had is even though I took out insurance at $5 a month they still want to charge for service calls. It seems every charge is going to be $99. I told them I was not going to pay it and to cancel my service. Each time they "waived" the fee. NEVER let them charge you to fix their equipment. +1 See above, I never paid for any of these service calls, though i did have to cal and bitch

Most of the time its a pain to have to call them. They always try to get you to have the computer answer your questions and try to resolve problems. I learned to bypass that but you usually have to wait for a while to speak to someone. I finally figured out the short cut also

I do get a good picture. Great picture

ok..this is good stuff, now I know what to expect and possible angles to avoid them...

also, DTV just added a whole bunch of HD programming and since the Dish is supposed to be adding more channels real soon, maybe this is what we can expect?...(also check all the way at the bottom to see what is coming soon in Q4)

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/conte...ssetId=P4380112