[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Films & Highlight clips?

rajncajn

I don't get it... I understand that they don't want people selling bootleg videos of their product, but I really can't understand the problem with 2 minute Youtube highlight clips & such. It's not like everything is available on their NFL page and NFL films are so ridiculously over priced. Doesn't it seem like allowing clips to be posted would promote their product? If I want to go back & watch some of the film from the 2006 season do they actually think the average fan is going to shell out $50 just to get a chopped up 25 minute video of what they want you to see? The whole thing just irritates me to no end, every time I want to look for a highlight clip of a player they are almost impossible to find and if the player is retired then you might as well forget it. What if I want to see a video of some old Atwater hits? What if I want to see some of my favorite Saints from their playoff run in the 80's? There's so much NFL info out there that you just have to rely on memory with. How are we supposed to show our kids how great Jim Brown was if they make it so difficult to get any film of him?

Ummmm - because the NFL is run by extremely astute business men, and they have seen what has happened to recording artists & their studios who don't control their product very protectively?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Ummmm - because the NFL is run by extremely astute business men, and they have seen what has happened to recording artists & their studios who don't control their product very protectively?

...and a 2-5 minute video clip damages their product how? Like I was saying, if you want to get video of a specific player, game or whatever you have to pay a huge fee for it & even then they likely don't have it available.