[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trying to Save the Planet Nearly Killed Me.

Perchoutofwater

Why is a high school kid living with you?

He is a senior who's Dad is a dead beat, and who's mother had to move when they got divorced.. His mother had to move out of the district right before Christmas because she couldn't afford to live in the district anymore. She is a good woman, but can barely make ends meet working two jobs, and if he lived with her, it would be that much harder for both of them, plus he wanted to stay in the school district he grew up in to finish his senior year. He's a good kid. My wife and I are trying to find a way to get him into college. My wife is a teacher, and had known the kid for 3 1/2 years before he moved in with us, so she was comfortable that he wasn't a threat to our children, or our property. If either my wife or myself thought he posed a threat to our children, he'd be out in a heart beat. As it is we think that he is doing us a service as it is teaching our kids about a different culture. Chris is black and we are white. I think it does a lot to help erase any prejudice they may pick up at school.

He is a senior who's Dad is a dead beat, and who's mother had to move when they got divorced.. His mother had to move out of the district right before Christmas because she couldn't afford to live in the district anymore. She is a good woman, but can barely make ends meet working two jobs, and if he lived with her, it would be that much harder for both of them, plus he wanted to stay in the school district he grew up in to finish his senior year. He's a good kid. My wife and I are trying to find a way to get him into college. My wife is a teacher, and had known the kid for 3 1/2 years before he moved in with us, so she was comfortable that he wasn't a threat to our children, or our property. If either my wife or myself thought he posed a threat to our children, he'd be out in a heart beat. As it is we think that he is doing us a service as it is teaching our kids about a different culture. Chris is black and we are white. I think it does a lot to help erase any prejudice they may pick up at school.

My already lofty opinion of you has gone up even more.