[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone golfing this weekend?

HowboutthemCowboys

I've got a bad sinus infection and it feels like someone has been punching me in the face.

Last weekend I went golfing when this was still just a cold, but I loaded up on sudafed before I left.

Front 9 - 40 (a personal best ever for 9 holes)

Back 9 - 54

I think the sudafed wore off.

I hit the range a couple of times to get used to my new clubs. I'm gonna try and get out tomorrow.

Just got back from a pretty wet day of 18. My boy kicked my ass again to the tune of 78-82. What sucked is that I felt like I just played about the best game that I have in me. I did have a few lip outs and he chipped in from about 110 out so the luck was a little with him and not at all with me. Always seems that way anymore.

Just got back from a pretty wet day of 18. My boy kicked my ass again to the tune of 78-82. What sucked is that I felt like I just played about the best game that I have in me. I did have a few lip outs and he chipped in from about 110 out so the luck was a little with him and not at all with me. Always seems that way anymore.

I can't wait until the day where my son beats me in golf. That will be fun...and I hate losing.

I can't wait until the day where my son beats me in golf. That will be fun...and I hate losing.

Well, at first I was very proud of him. In fact I took all the credit as he has never had a lesson other than playing golf with me. He started when he was about ten but really got into it when he was about fourteen. At the age of sixteen he could give me a run for my money. At the age of seventeen he always seemed to get me by a stroke or three. By the time his senior year came he was able to shoot in the mid 70's and I get lucky to break into the high 70's. Today, at the age of twenty, he has shot as low as a 72 on a par 70 and a 74 on a par 72. He can hit 75 pretty often but almost never gets into the 80's anymore. He now spots me six strokes and it is very humbling as even with the six strokes he still can kick my ass. My friends are in awe watching him golf but he just seems to be at a point that he just can't seem to get better. He also suffers some bad putting problems that could elevate him to a scratch golfer if he could get some help. I just don't know if I can handle him being that much better than me. :wacko:

Oh and he replaced my normal scramble buddy almost three years ago and he carries the team but last year when we play a tourney based on our handicaps I won second overall and it was like I stole his milk money. :D

:wacko:

I shot a 48 on the front which was'nt too bad considering it felt like a 60. Did'nt even total the back but it had to be about 53-55. Freakin' wind blew all day. It got up to 55 or so but did'nt feel like it. Wierd day. I'd par a hole then double bogey the next two. The course was wet as hell. Oh well, you know what they say, a bad day golfing is better than a good day at work.

I need to hit the range...

No such luck here. Took my boys to their fishing club today.

In the midst of a long stretch between fish, my oldest boy said "we should have gone golfing." :wacko:

He got new clubs for his b-day and we need to go break 'em in. Maybe next weekend. :D

Got another 18 in on Sunday in beautiful weather. 39 on the front and 46 on the back. Overall I am in a pretty happy place with my game right now as it seems that everything is working with the exception of some shaky putting. My front had me sink two long putts that normally I am just pretty happy to end up two putting but not at all surprised if I end up three putting. I did not three putt a single hole on the front nine. Back was a little different story.