[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you're not a big fan of Dan LeBatard, you have to listen to this.

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

Jay Bilas absolutely gave LeBatard the smack down. :wacko:

If this was posted before or is in the wrong forum, my apologies.

Jay Bilas absolutely gave LeBatard the smack down. :wacko:

If this was posted before or is in the wrong forum, my apologies.

Jay Bilas, well handled.

Dan LeBatard, get a clue.

This is a classic example of what's wrong with sports journalism today (and maybe other types of journalism, but I pay the most attention to the sports world). Steven Smith, Skip Bayless and LeBatard are the most flagrant examples. They come up with a theory that's usually based on pure speculation and sensationalism containing certain important "hot topics", like steroids or race. They then confront someone who knows more than them (really, not that amazing when you get right down to it) on these theories. They get an answer they don't like, for example "Your theory is pure garbage". And instead of saying "I respect your views but I disagree" or even less likely "If you think there's no basis I believe you". Instead, they try to spin their argument and jam it down the guest's throat. And what's worse, the more they're told that they're wrong, the louder and more indignant they get. It's really problematic that ESPN embraces this by paying so many people to do this on their TV and radio shows.

This is a classic example of what's wrong with sports journalism today (and maybe other types of journalism, but I pay the most attention to the sports world). Steven Smith, Skip Bayless and LeBatard are the most flagrant examples. They come up with a theory that's usually based on pure speculation and sensationalism containing certain important "hot topics", like steroids or race. They then confront someone who knows more than them (really, not that amazing when you get right down to it) on these theories. They get an answer they don't like, for example "Your theory is pure garbage". And instead of saying "I respect your views but I disagree" or even less likely "If you think there's no basis I believe you". Instead, they try to spin their argument and jam it down the guest's throat. And what's worse, the more they're told that they're wrong, the louder and more indignant they get. It's really problematic that ESPN embraces this by paying so many people to do this on their TV and radio shows.

I can't stand LeBeTard and want to crush Bayless like a grape, but I don't know if Stephen A. Smith fits with those two guys. Aside from his annoying voice/demeanor, he knows his hoops. I can't recall one instance that he's flung out random poo the way that LeBeTard and Bayless do.

I can't stand LeBeTard and want to crush Bayless like a grape, but I don't know if Stephen A. Smith fits with those two guys. Aside from his annoying voice/demeanor, he knows his hoops. I can't recall one instance that he's flung out random poo the way that LeBeTard and Bayless do.

I have numerous problems with Steven Smith. First and foremost. . .why is he always yelling? Yelling doesn't make what you're saying any more true. Just the opposite. Screaming only puts emphasis on how you're saying it, not the content of what you're saying. He reminds me of a used car salesman.

Peter Gammons never screams and yells. . . do you think he knows baseball at all??

I have numerous problems with Steven Smith. First and foremost. . .why is he always yelling? Yelling doesn't make what you're saying any more true. Just the opposite. Screaming only puts emphasis on how you're saying it, not the content of what you're saying. He reminds me of a used car salesman.

Peter Gammons never screams and yells. . . do you think he knows baseball at all??

:D Funny you should throw that out... I think Gammons is overrated. And yeah, like I said, his voice/demeanor (at least on TV) are usually way over the top. For some reason, though, he tones it down on the radio. :wacko: