[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

North American Union?

westvirginia

do you mean the US, Mexico and Canada?...the Illuminati is hard at work

:wacko:

Sorry - I disguised my link under the :D graemlin. There is a pretty good opinion piece. I know, I know, it's townhall.com, but it's slamming shrub pretty hard (deservedly if this is true). Since they know they'd never get a treaty ratified they're just going to use "executive power" to shove this down throats? Man, that's bad. King Georgie...

I suppose it's too much to ask of the OP/ED writers to lay off "elite". When the hell did that become a bad word?

Probably about the time of the American and French revolutions. The nobility were the "elite". It's slowly evolved, through the politics of class envy, to mean anyone that makes more money or has more power than you do... :wacko:

"Elite" implies they are condescending pricks who think they know better than everyone else.

Wouldn't that just be "elitist"?

Honestly, I think it's just BS rhetoric to create an us vs them attitude that is really getting old. There should be no shame in being elite or part of the elite. We shouldn't give two poops about who makes more than us. Further, if you don't bother researching policy, you shouldn't have a big issue with those who do breaking it down for you.

Edited by detlef

Wouldn't that just be "elitist"?

Honestly, I think it's just BS rhetoric to create an us vs them attitude that is really getting old. There should be no shame in being elite or part of the elite. We shouldn't give two poops about who makes more than us. Further, if you don't bother researching policy, you shouldn't have a big issue with those who do breaking it down for you.

I couldn't agree more. We spend too much time and energy tearing each other apart that could be spent on more productive endeavors. Too many people are fighting over who gets to captain the titanic; not enough people are working on avoiding the geopolitical icebergs that would/will sink us all.

I suppose it's too much to ask of the OP/ED writers to lay off "elite". When the hell did that become a bad word?

When liberal did probably.

Our armed forces are elite. It isn't a bad work there.

I'm tired of people being demonized just because they have different ideas. I wish politicians would post their plans and let us decide rather than play all these terrible games. Sure most voters don't pay attention to real issues but painting their opponents as un-american hurts all of us.

Ohhhh, you mean the Republicans! Gotcha. :wacko:

No, today's Republicans are arrogant bastards that hide like wolves in sheeps' clothing among simple minded folk, bible in one hand, picking our pockets with the other, all the while using scare tactics such as gay marriage and "gun control" to motivate said folk into voting republican based on a lie that is modern "conservatism."

In contrast, today's Democrats are academically elitist pricks who are look down upon the same simple-minded folk for not being self-aware of how stupid they really are, for not realizing the republicans are playing them like a one-string banjo, all the while protecting government's ability to hand out hard-working taxpayers' dollars to those who are too lazy to provide for themselves.

Edited by yo mama

No, today's Republicans are arrogant bastards that hide like wolves in sheeps' clothing among simple minded folk, bible in one hand, picking our pockets with the other, all the while using scare tactics such as gay marriage and "gun control" to motivate said folk into voting republican based on a lie that is modern "conservatism."

In contrast, today's Democrats are academically elitist pricks who are look down upon the same simple-minded folk for not being self-aware of how stupid they really are, for not realizing the republicans are playing them like a one-string banjo, all the while protecting government's ability to hand out hard-working taxpayers' dollars to those who are too lazy to provide for themselves.

:wacko::D

It's slowly evolved, through the politics of class envy, to mean anyone that makes more money or has more power than you do... :D

:wacko: I thought it referred to people who had more education than you do. wiegie is :brew: that he is not elite

"Elite" implies they are condescending pricks who think they know better than everyone else.

:D wiegie is :D that he IS elite

academically elitist pricks

Now THAT's more like it.

:oldrazz:

Edited by wiegie

I'm using this in today's lecture! :wacko:

Of course, I'll need to give credit to my sources. YM isn't academic enough so I'll make it DR. Yo Mama. :D

ETA- Doctor Yo sounds more Asian (more credibility because we all know how f'n smart them thar Asians are). Dr. Yo it will be!

Edited by The Holy Roller

I didn't read the article, but there's supposed to be this huge highway that is stemming from Mexico or Texas and it routes through the entire country to Canada and there's taxes on it that goes to someone from Spain :D

people in Texas are very :wacko:

I didn't read the article, but there's supposed to be this huge highway that is stemming from Mexico or Texas and it routes through the entire country to Canada and there's taxes on it that goes to someone from Spain :D

people in Texas are very :wacko:

Great idea. Ship'em straight thru to Canada!

I'm using this in today's lecture! :wacko:

Of course, I'll need to give credit to my sources. YM isn't academic enough so I'll make it DR. Yo Mama. :D

ETA- Doctor Yo sounds more Asian (more credibility because we all know how f'n smart them thar Asians are). Dr. Yo it will be!

Yoyo Ma... Yo Mama

It works!

Oh... and hell of a description Yo

((dang it... now it sounds like I am speaking all Vanilla Ice like))